RPGM None [Translation request] Kati the Possessed (MEGA DOWNLOAD)

obasanssaga

Nov 13, 2021
do you think translating 36 maps in a couple months is realisitc? are those maps smaller than the ones you have done so far? also are you testing the translation and if it works? i would love to see a screenshot or something from the current translation
Assuming nothing terrible happens, I'm reasonably confident the unproofread but playable translation should be complete before 2024 April. The past event notes function is probably messed up, but to me that's something I can return to later, as long as the whole game doesn't bug out. I do have to figure out word wrap and hopefully that's not too much of a pain.

I know there's one more extra big area (South Ward), but there's also a couple of maps without much text.

Both the RPGM playtest function and the application work fine for me.

Screenshots:
ktptss1.png ktptss2.png ktptss3.png ktptss4.png

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Assuming nothing terrible happens, I'm reasonably confident the unproofread but playable translation should be complete before 2024 April. The past event notes function is probably messed up, but to me that's something I can return to later, as long as the whole game doesn't bug out. I do have to figure out word wrap and hopefully that's not too much of a pain.

I know there's one more extra big area (South Ward), but there's also a couple of maps without much text.

Both the RPGM playtest function and the application work fine for me.

Screenshots:
View attachment 3027855 View attachment 3027856 View attachment 3027858 View attachment 3027860
looks fantastic! please keep us updated on your progress (y)

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
obasanssaga
i'm curious, how do you translate the game? are you fluent in japanese or are you using certain tools for translation? how accurate would you say the translation will be in the end, are you sticking very close to the original or taking some liberties?

obasanssaga

Nov 13, 2021
Kati the Possessed manual English translation update: Finished 1 map, 39 maps and endings remain. Had personal health issues. Release date 2024 Jan~April.

obasanssaga
i'm curious, how do you translate the game? are you fluent in japanese or are you using certain tools for translation? how accurate would you say the translation will be in the end, are you sticking very close to the original or taking some liberties?
I have some background in Japanese but am bad at reading kanji. Various online translators help with that. I try to ensure nothing important is omitted from the original, but also make edits for sentence length and/or more natural sounding dialogue.

Reactions: _Nero_ and McSlut

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
sounds good to me, also good to see you are still targeting the original release window

obasanssaga

Nov 13, 2021
Kati the Possessed manual English translation update: Finished 3 maps, 36 maps and endings remain. Release date 2024 Jan~April.

sounds good to me, also good to see you are still targeting the original release window
tbh I'm prioritizing not burning out over a January release. I started translating this because I thought the gamed deserved better than an MTL, but it's been occupying my life for a pretty long time now. I do intend to keep the April release promise at the very least

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Kati the Possessed manual English translation update: Finished 3 maps, 36 maps and endings remain. Release date 2024 Jan~April.

tbh I'm prioritizing not burning out over a January release. I started translating this because I thought the gamed deserved better than an MTL, but it's been occupying my life for a pretty long time now. I do intend to keep the April release promise at the very least
not burning out should definitely be your priority! also good to see that you finished 2 more maps and are making progress

garuda1

Nov 29, 2018

You're totally right, the game does deserve better than a MTL and to avoid burning out because of it. I think as long as you do it right, the timeframe is secondary when compared to your health

Reactions: McSlut

obasanssaga

Nov 13, 2021
Kati the Possessed manual English translation update: Finished 1 maps, 35 maps and endings remain. Release date 2024 April.

There was a combination of having less time to work on this and consecutive maps being unexpectedly dense. Wasn't expecting them to be like that because I only played the low dignity route before starting this translation :KEK:. Gonna try and make better progress in the following weeks, but I don't think Jan is happening so I'm gonna go ahead and remove that. Appreciate the supportive comments.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
i couldn't play the high dignity route because even with the MTL translation it was so difficult to understand what you have to do. this is why your translation is really appreciated, i hope you won't give up!

Nov 14, 2021
I have some background in Japanese but am bad at reading kanji. Various online translators help with that. I try to ensure nothing important is omitted from the original, but also make edits for sentence length and/or more natural sounding dialogue.
If by "various online translators" you don't mean jisho.org, then you are basically just editing MTL.