RPGM None [Translation request] Kati the Possessed (MEGA DOWNLOAD)

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
man i don't care if it's at the end of this year or at the end of the next. if you really deliver a finished translation you'll be a hero forever. do you have a patreon?

just please don't give us hope and abandon the project in a couple weeks or months (it happened to often)

garuda1

Nov 29, 2018
OK, I'm confident enough to announce that I'm throwing my hat into the ring for a manual English translation of Kati the Possessed.

The bad news: My generous estimate of the release would be by the end of this year. I have a day job, this game has a lot of writing, I work slow etc.

The good news: I've already been translating for a bit. 62 maps of varying amounts of events/text and endings remaining (might belong in bad news).

Issues down the line: I think the text following the plugin commands that interact with event history have to be consistent but I've kinda not bothered with that. Probably have to go back to make the notes feature function as intended. Also need to figure out word wrap. Possible character name inconsistencies.

I'm trying to keep a decent pace, avoiding burnout but getting at least something done every other day. I will probably give a brief update every 2 weeks or so but I think me and everyone else would rather I focus on the translation itself.
Don't worry about it, take as much time as you need. I'd rather you do it right than rush it out. Best of luck in your translation efforts.

obasanssaga

Nov 13, 2021
man i don't care if it's at the end of this year or at the end of the next. if you really deliver a finished translation you'll be a hero forever. do you have a patreon?

just please don't give us hope and abandon the project in a couple weeks or months (it happened to often)
I've certainly been on the receiving end of ghostings so I'll keep that in mind as I work.

I might set up a Patreon or something somewhere down the line, because why not, but this translation is a passion project.

• Red Heart
Reactions: McSlut

obasanssaga

Nov 13, 2021
Kati the Possessed manual English translation update: Finished 5 maps, 57 maps and endings remain. On pace, but I might run into a particularly text heavy stretch of maps. I don't feel that confident about 2023 Dec, so let's put the optimistic release date at 2024 Jan and hope it holds.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Kati the Possessed manual English translation update: Finished 5 maps, 57 maps and endings remain. On pace, but I might run into a particularly text heavy stretch of maps. I don't feel that confident about 2023 Dec, so let's put the optimistic release date at 2024 Jan and hope it holds.
don't give up bro, this thread isn't get much attention right now but if there is a complete translation i bet lots of people will start playing it. it's a fantastic game, on par with akira points for me

obasanssaga

Nov 13, 2021
Kati the Possessed manual English translation update: Finished 4 maps, 53 maps and endings remain. I'm thinking I might have mathed my rate of progress out wrong. But I'm trying to stop overthinking my translations and also making lifestyle changes, so the pace may increase. Let's just say I am going to try for the optimistic release date of 2024 Jan, but worst case release date is 2024 April. Last time I push it back hopefully.

BMS

Jun 3, 2018
Just found out about this game and glad to see there's progress being made on a fan TL. Looking forward to it!

Reactions: McSlut

obasanssaga

Nov 13, 2021
Kati the Possessed manual English translation update: Finished 5 maps, 48 maps and endings remain. I see the map for Middle Ward coming up, a big outdoors area, so you might see like only 3 maps finished by next update. Optimistic release date 2024 Jan, worst case release date 2024 April.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Kati the Possessed manual English translation update: Finished 5 maps, 48 maps and endings remain. I see the map for Middle Ward coming up, a big outdoors area, so you might see like only 3 maps finished by next update. Optimistic release date 2024 Jan, worst case release date 2024 April.
that's not even that far away (y) keep up the good work

obasanssaga

Nov 13, 2021
Kati the Possessed manual English translation update: Finished 0 maps, 44 maps and endings remain. Unfortunately had a busy IRL week, and as I said Middle Ward (big outdoors area) is huge, but I'm 90% done with it. I will finish the remaining 10% and some more tomorrow. I should probably stop overestimating my progress. Release date 2024 Jan~April.

Flugigigu

Aug 27, 2021
Can someone upload version 1.03 all links ITT are down.
nvm already got it from somewhere else

Last edited:

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
do you think translating 36 maps in a couple months is realisitc? are those maps smaller than the ones you have done so far? also are you testing the translation and if it works? i would love to see a screenshot or something from the current translation