RPGM None [Translation request] Kati the Possessed (MEGA DOWNLOAD)

Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017
That means your game is still encrypted/packed.
You need to unpack it before you can apply the translation.
You can do this by using the "EnigmaVBUnpacker" I will add a version as an attachment.
Just start the "EnigmaVBUnpacker.exe" choose the location of the game executable and click on "unpack". Please verify that this step worked correctly by launching the unpacked game once using the "Game.exe" inside the newly created folder "%DEFAULTFOLDER%" before merging my MTL into it.
Should you just get a white screen on startup rename the "%DEFAULTFOLDER%" to "DEFAULTFOLDER" and try again.
When using this unpacking tool on the base game from Mega link in OP, it just says the following:

1674139973742.png

After applying your translation, the game just launches as a black screen, followed by this error message:

1674139903721.png

Is this something to do with locale? Or did I unpack the wrong thing maybe?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
When using this unpacking tool on the base game from Mega link in OP, it just says the following:

View attachment 2322667

After applying your translation, the game just launches as a black screen, followed by this error message:

View attachment 2322665

Is this something to do with locale? Or did I unpack the wrong thing maybe?
Please make sure you are using v1.03.
I think that mega link is the wrong version.
The safest way to get the correct one would be to download it from hentai-sharing.
Search there using the dlsite code "RJ305302".

Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017
Please make sure you are using v1.03.
I think that mega link is the wrong version.
The safest way to get the correct one would be to download it from hentai-sharing.
Search there using the dlsite code "RJ305302".
Ah, yes the one in the OP is out of date. Luckily Rastafoo shared a Mega link for 1.03 on Page 11 (though hentai-sharing is a great alternative for anyone in the future reading this if the Mega link goes down)

I did have to move things into the Default Folder as per your post #167, everything worked perfectly after that, thanks for your hard work!

DarkForse

Sep 23, 2017
Is there working English translation for this game ?
I mean i i looked all over this topic and downloaded few stuff but all i got is rly bad translation (that you can't even start normally) and untranslated game :/

obasanssaga

Nov 13, 2021
Played for a couple of hours so far.

What a tragedy. This is a five star game. It's the next great female protagonist game. The one that deserves a manual translation.

I ended up using Mtool's free Google translate because the when the Frankensteined MTL file goes poetry, it's super poetry, while Mtool has a more consistent baseline. Yet even through the MTL it's plain to see that Golden Fever gets it. One of the smartest corruption systems I've ever seen. They understand femprotag corruption is hottest when it's a delicate mix between coercion and agency. No brainless turboslutting or weepy defeat rape to be found here. Intriguing characters and story.. if only the translation was 50% better.

I honestly still recommend this game with Mtool, but I'm adding a manual translator picking this game up (and actually releasing their translation :p) to my wishful thinking list.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
yeah the game is a masterpiece just like "do you have akira points?". real shame we never get a official translation

obasanssaga

Nov 13, 2021
OK, I'm confident enough to announce that I'm throwing my hat into the ring for a manual English translation of Kati the Possessed.

The bad news: My generous estimate of the release would be by the end of this year. I have a day job, this game has a lot of writing, I work slow etc.

The good news: I've already been translating for a bit. 62 maps of varying amounts of events/text and endings remaining (might belong in bad news).

Issues down the line: I think the text following the plugin commands that interact with event history have to be consistent but I've kinda not bothered with that. Probably have to go back to make the notes feature function as intended. Also need to figure out word wrap. Possible character name inconsistencies.

I'm trying to keep a decent pace, avoiding burnout but getting at least something done every other day. I will probably give a brief update every 2 weeks or so but I think me and everyone else would rather I focus on the translation itself.