4.20 star(s) 31 Votes

L0key

Oct 28, 2021
Yeah, I've already crunched it pretty hard, so I not sure where the size is coming from. It's kind of getting to a point where it's more of a pain than its worth to manage, so I might start letting one of the Android guys/modders roaming around the forums start taking care of it for me.

Will do it for the Fan tier tomorrow, but the UI for the Android version still need to be adjusted some, so it'll be touch delayed. Will still likely be ready to go for the public release, though.
the size isent the issue for me here's what I got when I tried to install
failed to install MoveTheChains-0.2.apk: Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES: Failed to collect certificates from /data/app/vmdl195544836.tmp/base.apk using APK Signature Scheme v2: integer overflow]

hope this helps fix the problem

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
the scene with emuly and his dealer,are you kidding me ,he pull you a gun in the middle of the street onplain midday and you ....what? trase him?
look i dont know but he need it to react lot diferent if the guys is who we thing is it,so police or you just kick his ass in that right moment,even for texas noneones pull a gun on you and he just go away like is nothing ,man thatwas not nice at all,......too much movie on that one,and all this after you fucking run after a thif who pull the same move at you and you just kick his ass without thinking......nah nah need to redo that or give some choices to that scene,....
You're kidding right? You want to start a fight with a guy holding a gun to your head, while his friend is right next to him (probably packing as well)? Or did you forget that you're standing there with a mother and her son? You really want to do that right in front of them and put their lives in danger? Also, MC has way too much good going for him right now. You really think taking a bullet to the brain is a good choice?

Also, MC doesn't like cops. They are both from "the hood". They settle their differences without involving the law. Wouldn't make much sense for him to call the cops on them.

"Walk away and live to fight another day."

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
the size isent the issue for me here's what I got when I tried to install
failed to install MoveTheChains-0.2.apk: Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES: Failed to collect certificates from /data/app/vmdl195544836.tmp/base.apk using APK Signature Scheme v2: integer overflow]

hope this helps fix the problem
90% sure that's a size issue (integer overflow would be the sign there.).

Vinho49

Apr 19, 2022
It's the locale settings that seem to be fucking things up for older devices/machines. I'll be uploading a Locale-less version of the game until I can figure out what the cause is.
I'll look for the patch and see if it solves the problem, let me know if everything goes well or not, thanks

L0key

Oct 28, 2021
90% sure that's a size issue (integer overflow would be the sign there.).
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure its not j because I'm running android 13 used to have the problem before android 13 where I couldn't install app over 2 GB but when I updated to Android 13 it solved that problem I also tired installing it through a linux terminal which also doesn't have a size restriction if I'm reading there error message correctly It sounds like the problem is with the apks signature or some sort of certifacate I'm not an expert when it comes to these things but I have some experience from modding android apps and games where I've run into this error although I've never solved it because I'm not running proper hardware as I'm only using a Chromebook with a linux terminal

Last edited:

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I'll look for the patch and see if it solves the problem, let me know if everything goes well or not, thanks
Don't know if that'll fix it for you. The worst part about this bug is that seems to be happening intermittently with Linux, and older versions of Windows. I'm just going to remove the locale outright for now until I figure it out, saves me the headache and avoids the 'hur dur shit game, bugtest your shit' people that like to pop up out of nowhere.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure its not j because I'm running android 13 used to have the problem before android 13 where I couldn't install app over 2 GB but when I updated to Android 13 it solved that problem I also tired installing it through a linux terminal which also doesn't have a size restriction if I'm reading there error message correctly It sounds like the problem is with the apks signature or some sort of certifacate
Recently some other developers reported problems with Android certificates. I don't recall was that Ren'Py bug or something. Search internet for
renpy android INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES

L0key

Oct 28, 2021
Recently some other developers reported problems with Android certificates. I don't recall was that Ren'Py bug or something. Search internet for
renpy android INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES
it probably not a bug renpy just needs to be updated to be compatible with the new hardware and software because I believe android had an update and renpy nd the new android aren't compatible right now

Vinho49

Apr 19, 2022
Don't know if that'll fix it for you. The worst part about this bug is that seems to be happening intermittently with Linux, and older versions of Windows. I'm just going to remove the locale outright for now until I figure it out, saves me the headache and avoids the 'hur dur shit game, bugtest your shit' people that like to pop up out of nowhere.
I understand, I'm grateful for your response, I liked your game, when I played version 1, it was very good, keep it up, there are always some nasty people out there who don't add anything, they just like to criticize other people's work without even saying something constructive, positive criticism with time if it will become one of the great games, the renderings are well done

Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
As I said in my previous post in here, I've been a sucker for your style of storytelling since WWJK and you never disappoint.
On a personal note, I've been around plenty of junkies growing up and man, I just fucking hate Emily and the fact that Diana is even acquainted with her. Granted, anyone that's been deep in the hole knows that it's a disease but it doesn't stop me from thoroughly disliking those that still cling to those vices and endanger everyone around them.
Dwight is also just a complete dipshit that'll get himself killed or thrown in jail, plenty of those around in the poorer parts of the world.

Also, really fucking intrigued regarding the female stalker. Can't think of any other game that specifically employs a female stalker to a male MC despite the fact that it clearly happens a LOT in real life. Looking forward to where that ends up going.

Zoomaa

Jul 14, 2022
This game is amazing but sometimes it loses me when it comes to real-life references and sports culture even with the help of the ingame dictionary. the writing style could potentially alienate the players because it focuses heavily on and just assumes you already know everything they are talking about, this criticism comes from someone who grew up watching movies and TV shows from the US .

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
MissFortunehave a question regarding yuna....if chose not right now does it mean i close her path?

the tru i didnt liked the character at all i dont like being with toxic ppl and the part that she takes the fucking drugs,and he si ranting at the end of the emily scene about being againts it ,but not doing nothing about yuna ,show that he have a double standarts,.
the scene with emuly and his dealer,are you kidding me ,he pull you a gun in the middle of the street onplain midday and you ....what? trase him?
look i dont know but he need it to react lot diferent if the guys is who we thing is it,so police or you just kick his ass in that right moment,even for texas noneones pull a gun on you and he just go away like is nothing ,man thatwas not nice at all,......too much movie on that one,and all this after you fucking run after a thif who pull the same move at you and you just kick his ass without thinking......nah nah need to redo that or give some choices to that scene,....
It looks like the "not right now" choice keeps the path open for now. About the Emily/Yuna drug stuff. As far as we can tell, Yuna only smokes weed, which is safe and legal. Emily smokes crack, which is neither safe, nor legal, and usually ruins the lives of the addict, and anyone close to them. As for Dwight, MC has known him for a long time, so I'm sure his judgement is spot on about him. He was very confident Dwight was all talk, and wouldn't actually do anything there.
MissFortune
I'd like an option to turn off Quick Menu (even if it's just small icons).
Great games BTW. Thank you so much!
I didn't like the placement of the quick menu, too central. Wouldn't mind it if it were tucked in a corner. My solution was to use URM to change, and freeze, the "hide_qm" variable to true. Keeps it hidden that way.
This game is amazing but sometimes it loses me when it comes to real-life references and sports culture even with the help of the ingame dictionary. the writing style could potentially alienate the players because it focuses heavily on and just assumes you already know everything they are talking about, this criticism comes from someone who grew up watching movies and TV shows from the US .
I've never had any interest in playing, or watching, any sport, but I still enjoy the game. I mostly just tune out the sports jargon that I don't understand. Football is central to the plot, but all you need to know about it is that MC is extremely good at it. The majority of the characters have nothing to do with football, so I enjoy their stories.

Devitto673

Apr 14, 2023
I don't see the romance tag. How does the relationship with love interests develop? I ask because the romance tag is one of the most important for me in this type of story. What's the point of having a whole entourage of women at your disposal if they don't love you and you love them back?

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
I'll see what I can do about that.

Thanks! :)
Also, you have a style already for icons, why not use the same style for the menu? It'd look better, since your icons are better and cleaner... also, I'd move it somewhere less intrussive, but with sleeker icons, that would help quite a bit (use yellow too).

Oh, and no offense, but you should get an editor... the dialogues have a lot of issues. I'm guessing you're not a native english speaker, am I right? There's a lot of lines that don't sound quite right, like not the way people speak... it'd be a good idea to have a native speaker do a pass to make it sound more natural.

Jun 16, 2022
I'm not sure if you're talking about something else (might have to explain in more detail, feel free to PM me and we can see what the issue is.). Assuming you're coming from S01E01, then you'll need to start over as there was a significant overhaul of a few elements, and I figured it was better to do it earlier than later.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yes, I'm coming over from Season 1 after the Rebecca catches us in the pool with Yuna. I didn't know I had to start the story over again.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Oh, and no offense, but you should get an editor... the dialogues have a lot of issues. I'm guessing you're not a native english speaker, am I right? There's a lot of lines that don't sound quite right, like not the way people speak... it'd be a good idea to have a native speaker do a pass to make it sound more natural.
I am a native English speaker. Just haven't had the time to sit down and do a hard/serious editing session beyond typos (which I'm sure still exist). I've got a long list from DuckDairyDip (I think his name was?) and I'll be going over Episode 2 as I'm doing that.

Reactions: JustMy2Cents

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
JokerLeader Could you consider creating a walkthrough mod for this game?
Move the Chains [v0.2 Bugfix] Walkthrough Mod
The Walkthrough shows points or highlights the choices.​

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download: -

If you like my work, please consider supporting me on my or , check my .

JustMy2Cents

Jun 12, 2018
Still at Episode 1 and already way too overcrowded. Also no on from the "hood" actually talks like that. the dialogue is terrible and throwing around N Bombs every few seconds isnt a flex either.

The Game itself seems very promising tho. I like the premise and setting of the Story

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MissFortune

ART2024

Apr 3, 2024
I'm no expert, and that log looks basically the same as mine(which is running fine), but it looks like it's using your built-in Intel graphics chip to render. You said you've got an NVIDIA chip, so maybe forcing the game to use that instead might work. Should be able to open the NVIDIA control panel, and add "Run with graphics processor" to the context(right-click) menu. Then try running the game by right-clicking the executable, and choosing that option.

If that doesn't work, someone with more expertise than me will have to help you.
Hmmmm.... Har 2 graphcards... When i turned off intel, my resolution is only 1080x..... When i turn it on, in NVIDIA cintrol panel, showing that intel is taking care of the screen... Dont fucking know how to switch it....
Downloaded a new version again, every animation is working great, input your name, game shuts of even if i dont do shit....
1st time in my life i have seen something like this...
I play all kind of games without any trouble....

4.20 star(s) 31 Votes