4.20 star(s) 31 Votes

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
Please do let me know if you come across anything. :)
Finished the game. No major issues found. Mostly just the stuff everyone else has brought up with the UI/character cards. I did notice a missing(or misnamed) image at the end of the Yuna morning BJ scene. Definitely could use a proofreader going over the script, but I probably notice more than most, being a proofreader.

Overall the writing is very good, but I did notice a lot of missing words, a lot of extra words, and a fair few misspellings. My schedule is pretty full at the moment, but feel free to hit me up when episode 3's script is done. I may be more available by then, if you're interested.

On a side note, that conversation with Emily would have gone very different, if it were up to me. Something more along the lines of "You have one hour to be packed and on your way out of the state. If anyone sees you in the same time zone as my sister, ever again, I'll put you in the ground faster than you can blink." I get that she needs to stick around for story reasons, but I don't think I've ever hated a female character as much as I hate her. I've done unspeakable things to people that tried to hurt my sister. A line doesn't exist, that I wouldn't cross for her sake.

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
Thank you for that, I have one more question to add though, will that add incest as well or do we have to download the separate incest patch too? In other words, are they both different and need to be applied separately or can we skip the incest patch for politically incorrect patch to get the intended effect?
Two separate patches. Apply both for best results.

• Red Heart
Reactions: blademaster89

ART2024

Apr 3, 2024
Finished the game. No major issues found. Mostly just the stuff everyone else has brought up with the UI/character cards. I did notice a missing(or misnamed) image at the end of the Yuna morning BJ scene. Definitely could use a proofreader going over the script, but I probably notice more than most, being a proofreader.

Overall the writing is very good, but I did notice a lot of missing words, a lot of extra words, and a fair few misspellings. My schedule is pretty full at the moment, but feel free to hit me up when episode 3's script is done. I may be more available by then, if you're interested.

On a side note, that conversation with Emily would have gone very different, if it were up to me. Something more along the lines of "You have one hour to be packed and on your way out of the state. If anyone sees you in the same time zone as my sister, ever again, I'll put you in the ground faster than you can blink." I get that she needs to stick around for story reasons, but I don't think I've ever hated a female character as much as I hate her. I've done unspeakable things to people that tried to hurt my sister. A line doesn't exist, that I wouldn't cross for her sake.
Hi... Wanted to try the game... Well, anybody experienced this?
I start the game, come to "input your name" and before i even can do anything, tried typing, just return or just waiting, the game shuts off no metter what i do.
Tried severall times. Any ideas?
btw i even updated NVIDIA drivers couse this is the first time a game that behave like that for me..... got me curious...

Do you have a save just in the beginning of the game so i can try it?
btw i couldnt save either, shut down

Reactions: Ano00

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
Hi... Wanted to try the game... Well, anybody experienced this?
I start the game, come to "input your name" and before i even can do anything, tried typing, just return or just waiting, the game shuts off no metter what i do.
Tried severall times. Any ideas?
btw i even updated NVIDIA drivers couse this is the first time a game that behave like that for me..... got me curious...

Do you have a save just in the beginning of the game so i can try it?
btw i couldnt save either, shut down
Did a "traceback.txt" file appear in the main directory? If so, you can attach it to your comment, to give the dev more info to find the problem.

Reactions: Ano00

Ano00

Jun 23, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1109, in <module>
Error: unsupported locale setting

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "screens.rpyc", line 1104, in script
File "X:\temp\MoveTheChains-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "X:\temp\MoveTheChains-0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1109, in <module>
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/locale.py", line 610, in setlocale
Error: unsupported locale setting
I have the same problem....did u found a solution?

ART2024

Apr 3, 2024
Did a "traceback.txt" file appear in the main directory? If so, you can attach it to your comment, to give the dev more info to find the problem.
Nope, no traceback.txt, but log showing some errors....

Bootstrap to the start of init.init. took 0.06s
Early init. took 0.00s
Loader init. took 0.05s
Loading error handling. took 0.19s
Loading script. took 5.55s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.15s
Loading persistent. took 0.05s
Failed to initialize steam: Exception('Init returned false.')
Set script version to: (8, 1, 3)
Running init code. took 0.34s
Loading analysis data. took 0.21s
Analyze and compile ATL. took 0.19s
Reloading save slot metadata. took 0.10s
Index archives took 0.06s
Dump and make backups. took 0.06s
Cleaning cache. took 0.06s
Making clean stores. took 0.06s
Initial gc. took 0.18s
DPI scale factor: 1.000000
nvdrs: Loaded, about to disable thread optimizations.
nvdrs: Disabled thread optimizations.
Creating interface object. took 0.49s
Cleaning stores took 0.00s
Init translation took 0.21s
Build styles took 0.06s
Load screen analysis took 0.22s
Analyze screens took 0.06s
Save screen analysis took 0.06s
Prepare screens took 0.47s
Save pyanalysis. took 0.06s
Save bytecode. took 0.06s
Running _start took 0.06s
Performance test:
Interface start. took 0.32s

Initializing gl2 renderer:
primary display bounds: (0, 0, 1920, 1080)
swap interval: 1 frames
Fullscreen mode.
Vendor: "b'Intel'"
Renderer: b'Intel(R) HD Graphics 520'
Version: b'4.4.0 - Build 21.20.16.4821'
Display Info: None
Screen sizes: virtual=(1920, 1080) physical=(1920, 1080) drawable=(1920, 1080)
Maximum texture size: 4096x4096

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
Nope, no traceback.txt, but log showing some errors....

Bootstrap to the start of init.init. took 0.06s
Early init. took 0.00s
Loader init. took 0.05s
Loading error handling. took 0.19s
Loading script. took 5.55s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.15s
Loading persistent. took 0.05s
Failed to initialize steam: Exception('Init returned false.')
Set script version to: (8, 1, 3)
Running init code. took 0.34s
Loading analysis data. took 0.21s
Analyze and compile ATL. took 0.19s
Reloading save slot metadata. took 0.10s
Index archives took 0.06s
Dump and make backups. took 0.06s
Cleaning cache. took 0.06s
Making clean stores. took 0.06s
Initial gc. took 0.18s
DPI scale factor: 1.000000
nvdrs: Loaded, about to disable thread optimizations.
nvdrs: Disabled thread optimizations.
Creating interface object. took 0.49s
Cleaning stores took 0.00s
Init translation took 0.21s
Build styles took 0.06s
Load screen analysis took 0.22s
Analyze screens took 0.06s
Save screen analysis took 0.06s
Prepare screens took 0.47s
Save pyanalysis. took 0.06s
Save bytecode. took 0.06s
Running _start took 0.06s
Performance test:
Interface start. took 0.32s

Initializing gl2 renderer:
primary display bounds: (0, 0, 1920, 1080)
swap interval: 1 frames
Fullscreen mode.
Vendor: "b'Intel'"
Renderer: b'Intel(R) HD Graphics 520'
Version: b'4.4.0 - Build 21.20.16.4821'
Display Info: None
Screen sizes: virtual=(1920, 1080) physical=(1920, 1080) drawable=(1920, 1080)
Maximum texture size: 4096x4096
I'm no expert, and that log looks basically the same as mine(which is running fine), but it looks like it's using your built-in Intel graphics chip to render. You said you've got an NVIDIA chip, so maybe forcing the game to use that instead might work. Should be able to open the NVIDIA control panel, and add "Run with graphics processor" to the context(right-click) menu. Then try running the game by right-clicking the executable, and choosing that option.

If that doesn't work, someone with more expertise than me will have to help you.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
There were a few odd choices though. Like, I would respond to someone, and then the conversation would be changed to something different. Like for instance at the dance studio when you say you're in, you all the sudden start talking about something else. I get it was supposed to show time passed, but it just jumps right into it and was a bit jarring. Same with the Diana confrontation scene at Emily's place. One minute you're on a roof dancing with Diana, next you're bursting into Emily's place to confront Diana. Was just really confusing.

But otherwise, nice update. Always enjoy your work, so, excited to see what's next. Thanks. ;)
Yeah, sometimes it's tough to write in transitions to flashbacks. I thought the flashback and the letterboxing might've been enough to separate the scenes themselves as individuals, which exist as a counter to show how different their relationship was before it all happened in contrast to the present

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

I wonder how he got his number :unsure:
If you see the render before, MC pulled it out of her back pocket.

antivirus fond Win32/DefenseEvasion.A!ml and deleted the exe file
Pretty obvious false positive. Likely due to Renpy's handling of .ico files.

Is this game very sportsball centric? Can I cruise through it (the sportsball) without losing much?
Very much, so far. A lot of the terminology that's native to it is included in the glossary, but for someone who's not interested in the topic of it might find it a bit boring. As the story progresses, the amount of scenes/sub-storylines that exist outside of it will grow, but it's always going to play a central role all the same.

Can someone either compress the android or provide an apk and separate rpa please? The current file won't install due to size.
Should be coming tomorrow with the public release, though any modder is free to do it if they choose. Would make my life a lot easier.

----

For anyone still struggling to open the VN due to the locale settings issue, I'll be uploading a version without it the locale period until I can get the root of the problem figured out. Should be released with the public version tomorrow.

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
MissFortunehave a question regarding yuna....if chose not right now does it mean i close her path?

the tru i didnt liked the character at all i dont like being with toxic ppl and the part that she takes the fucking drugs,and he si ranting at the end of the emily scene about being againts it ,but not doing nothing about yuna ,show that he have a double standarts,.
the scene with emuly and his dealer,are you kidding me ,he pull you a gun in the middle of the street onplain midday and you ....what? trase him?
look i dont know but he need it to react lot diferent if the guys is who we thing is it,so police or you just kick his ass in that right moment,even for texas noneones pull a gun on you and he just go away like is nothing ,man thatwas not nice at all,......too much movie on that one,and all this after you fucking run after a thif who pull the same move at you and you just kick his ass without thinking......nah nah need to redo that or give some choices to that scene,....

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
My game is always closing. I can't save i can't do nothing. Any solution?
Could you run it from command prompt and post the output text?
(Search internet "windows run program from command prompt" if you don't know how).

MissFortune
I'd like an option to turn off Quick Menu (even if it's just small icons).
Great games BTW. Thank you so much!

• Red Heart
Reactions: MissFortune

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Last edited:

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I'd like an option to turn off Quick Menu (even if it's just small icons).
Great games BTW. Thank you so much!
I'll see what I can do about that.

Thanks! :)

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
It's the locale settings that seem to be fucking things up for older devices/machines. I'll be uploading a Locale-less version of the game until I can figure out what the cause is.

Reactions: Vinho49
4.20 star(s) 31 Votes