VN Ren'Py Abandoned Campus Situation [v0.2] [WD studio]

1.70 star(s) 7 Votes

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
So my critique may come across as harsh, but I only give feedback to help dev's see what they can improve on, so they can work and improve their game. If it seems harsh or mean, know that my intent is not to attack or just be an ass. So I am not a native English speaker myself, so I can understand the hardships of writing for a game and can imagine the struggles you have, but I would consider waiting on a further release till you have a good quality translator, cause there are several parts where I just have no clue what is being said and meant. While this has free roam elements and not a full sandbox game, you have similar issues common among sandbox, the biggest one being there are no arrows or indicators to show where you can move too, I am playing hide and seek with an invisible marker to get the the next area. Fixing the free roam, or just removing it would greatly improve what's there already, and fixing the translation is all you really need to do to make this enjoyable.

I think the renders are fine personally, I enjoy the potential love interest personalities and they all look really beautiful and cute, the plot from what I can understand seems interesting and can do a lot of things with it moving forward, there is potential but just need some work and tweaking. I'll keep watching this and hope too see it improve and get better, best of luck dev.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
After suffering vicious comments, I welcome your kind advice, frankly, I am developing ep2, I have paid someone to help me translate, but unfortunately her translation is still not ideal, but I have no way ah, I have to work during the day, at night to take care of my daughter, the rest of the time will be used to create the game, from beginning to end only I am a person in the development, during the period did not get any useful help, not even sponsors, I just rely on a passion to persevere
I think being clear about some things is the best way to earn support.
First off, your profile is set to private. So is mine and a lot of other people, but since you're a Dev, I feel it would do you more favors to open it up to others. The most useful thing is that we can go to your page and see all the comments you've written easily, and post on your page. It also shows that your approachable and available to the community. :)

Second, you haven't really cleared up any of the tag questions people have been asking for months. If you do that, it'll help everyone understand what your games about.

Third, this is the most important, you have to have a game that is fully understandable. What I mean by that is that the only issues people can have with your game is your story. If people are talking ONLY about your story, whether good or bad, it's a good omen, that means that people are no longer talking about your systems or fetishes. Personally, I like the look of your girls, so I have very few complaints, but I keep hearing people talk about the broken English in your game and the unconfirmed tags/fetishes to try it out.

I hope I make sense to you :)

Lastly, as far as getting support, I've seen people that deserve it skyrocket and I've seen just as equally UNDESERVING people do the same. It has a lot to do with luck and consistency. The more consistent and solid you are with your updates, the more chances you'll have to get lucky.

As an example, everyone's trying to hit the lottery, but if your machine has a broken arm and a few missing 7's, it's gonna be hard to win it. But if you can get your machine to function as best as it can, it's STILL possible you'll still never hit a jackpot, but at least you're giving yourself every chance to succeed.

I wish you luck though :)

Reactions: WD studio

Dorf56

Sep 3, 2019
Like several other people, I couldn't get past peeking on Kate, so I checked the script. It showed about half-a-dozen hotspots (arrows) to locate before I can quit roaming. Decided to hotspot the game to the recycle bin. I'm old and don't have time for this.....

WD studio

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2020
So my critique may come across as harsh, but I only give feedback to help dev's see what they can improve on, so they can work and improve their game. If it seems harsh or mean, know that my intent is not to attack or just be an ass. So I am not a native English speaker myself, so I can understand the hardships of writing for a game and can imagine the struggles you have, but I would consider waiting on a further release till you have a good quality translator, cause there are several parts where I just have no clue what is being said and meant. While this has free roam elements and not a full sandbox game, you have similar issues common among sandbox, the biggest one being there are no arrows or indicators to show where you can move too, I am playing hide and seek with an invisible marker to get the the next area. Fixing the free roam, or just removing it would greatly improve what's there already, and fixing the translation is all you really need to do to make this enjoyable.

I think the renders are fine personally, I enjoy the potential love interest personalities and they all look really beautiful and cute, the plot from what I can understand seems interesting and can do a lot of things with it moving forward, there is potential but just need some work and tweaking. I'll keep watching this and hope too see it improve and get better, best of luck dev.
Thank you for your comment, now this result is too disappointing, but I now have to consider whether to give up development, I know that the language problem has been my weakness, the only thing I can do is to enhance the rendering of my game characters, for which I also designed more than two hundred costume images, at present only a very small part of them are shown, and there are still some unappeared characters, which is all too bad for me, I can only try one last time to update a new fixed version in two weeks, and I hope you can try playing again

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
Thank you for your comment, now this result is too disappointing, but I now have to consider whether to give up development, I know that the language problem has been my weakness, the only thing I can do is to enhance the rendering of my game characters, for which I also designed more than two hundred costume images, at present only a very small part of them are shown, and there are still some unappeared characters, which is all too bad for me, I can only try one last time to update a new fixed version in two weeks, and I hope you can try playing again

I think you have a good concept, I think a solid translator and working on the free roam is all you really need, and I don't mean to make i sound easy or simple as I'm sure a translator may be hard to come by. I do enjoy what I saw render wise, and I can understand most of the dialogue personally. I do hope this game succeed cause you have potential in my opinion, will definitely check this out when updated again

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
To be honest, another thing that can help you a LOT is focusing on the story and renders and forgetting the sandbox portion of the story. Sandbox is a NIGHTMARE for upkeep. While it's simple to simply add scenes, it also opens you up to bugs and inconsistencies. Also, if there is any grind or not enough direction (users get lost) then they will feel terrible playing the game. A proper visual novel lets them be engaged in your story. I assume you want to tell a story, so if that's the case, I'd suggest telling it without all the confusing sandbox in the way :)

Just a thought.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I will improve this in the next few days and then upload a new version
My thoughts are that you should just remove the sandbox elements and focus on the story. As Larry2000 has already stated. It will also bring in more people to try the game. Not everyone likes sandbox. Just my 2cents. I haven't tried the game and not sure I will due to other reasons, so, take my advice with a grain of salt.

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Nice renders.. animations hit and miss.. seem to get a bit better with practice.. but the writing sadly, makes this a tough one to be positive about right now. Keep chugging on and you should get more interest as you improve.. Good luck.

Ultimecea

Dec 13, 2020
Image 6, 35, 36, 43, 45, 48 and 49 where?
What are the correct answers for the exams?
image 6 is when you beat anna 3 times in bar game
image 35, 36 is unlocked when you answered test 2 wrongly where you meet lily again
image 45 is when you're closer to anna than kate

I will improve this in the next few days and then upload a new version

and im still dont know where to find image 48 and 49

chaurson

Sep 9, 2018
The answer to start of great depression is 1929. The game incorrectly makes 1931 the right answer. Not cool.

Reactions: xxy222
1.70 star(s) 7 Votes