Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

GioBol

Engaged Member
May 19, 2021
read the answer just above yours :ROFLMAO:
It refers to the unpacking of RPAs, not the decompiling. A very trivial UnRen-ultrahackv14.bat from 2 years ago unpacked everything.
Generally, old Unren can unpack even rencent RPAs.

Sep 13, 2020
Seems unrenpyc the command line tool can now decompile ren'py 8 and 7 games, and even a significant amount of ren'py 6 games. It still requires just python 3. It also includes some significant internal changes to the tool architecture, and improved error reporting, next to some small bugfixes. VepsrP

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: AlexaSky

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Afterlife Harem [v0.4.2] [Aph] ... it reports an error and didn't unpack anything
Its a bit big with 5.7GB to DL just for a small check i need to do... Could you open a RPA of this game with a simple editor in text view mode and cite the first line? Should look somewhat like this: RPA-3.0 000000000011a299 42424242

Generally, old Unren can unpack even rencent RPAs.
The RPA format (RPA3) of Ren'Py changed for 15 years(or so) not and if the game-dev didn play with it, every RPA unpacker should be able to unpack. There are three full unpackers out there:
  • : Py2/3, badly extensible, used in UnRen, mostly unmaintained (not much to maintain anyway; got 2 years ago a IMHO weird py3 update)
  • : Py3 only, good extensible, for 5 years unmaintained but works
  • : Py3 only, good extensible
Extensibility refers to the ability to add the data for unpacking a manipulated RPA format.

It still requires just python 3.
I want just to clear a small misunderstanding.
  • unrpyc v2.x.x = Ren'Py 8 with Python 3 (new main app variant as Ren'Py v7.7.x is AFAIK the last version with python 2)
  • unrpyc v1.3.x = Ren'Py 7 and below with Python 2 (legacy app variant for support of old stuff)

Last edited:
Reactions: Twistty and GioBol

Lordfugi

Aug 31, 2022
Screenshot 2024-05-24 080353.png

From outside the forum looks so old. I think that I have no desire to enter the forum at all. Since this is an old forum based on the current date. Which tends to stop me from entering this forum, but of course I also need new software, so I've started looking. I don't know why, if it's just me, but anything that's outdated gives me goosebumps. :rolleyes::cool::coffee:

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes