How To Make True Slaves -Rise of a Dark Empire-

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
From what I can see there's no way to translate the UI items. Stuff like descriptions, skills, items, menu items, etc is nowhere in the script files. They must be packed either in the exe itself or the dll files. Basically someone has to to figure out how to decrypt the game, edit the code, and repack. Thus its out of my hands.

This translation is done with GPT-4 for all the story/dialogue, choices, and images (From this thread). Basically you should be able to follow the story but you will struggle actually playing the game because of the UI not being translated. If you really want to play you can use something like Google Image TL on your phone but otherwise I have no solutions for this. Best to hope someone smarter can crack the game and translate the UI somehow.

Apologies, did the best I could. Feel free to report any other issues and I will fix them asap.

Edit:
For those masochist interested in how you would go about translating the UI, here are some options from one of the members of my Discord who looked into it.

OK, I can identify 3 approaches here for anyone who wants to tackle translating this game:

Option 1:
Reach out to the dev and get the original source code. Large portions of text are hardcoded into what I think are segmented string values, and then concatenated in memory prior to drawing to the screen.

Option 2: Plan and execute a full decompile and recompile to get a working enough source code.

Option 3:
  1. While playing the game record all relevant strings.
  2. Disect the Executable code with a hexeditor configured to decode in UTF8 (this is NOT standard)
  3. Find and replace each identified string segment with a translated string of the same length.
4.This means for instance; '領主屋敷' (Lords Manorhouse) needs to be translated in 4 characters.
5.Adding more complexity, is that a lot of the displayed strings are actually stored in pieces non-contiguously.
Good luck?

Last edited:

hsehsing

Jul 11, 2017
From what I can see there's no way to translate the UI items. Stuff like descriptions, skills, items, menu items, etc is nowhere in the script files. They must be packed either in the exe itself or the dll files. Basically someone has to to figure out how to decrypt the game, edit the code, and repack. Thus its out of my hands.

This translation is done with GPT-4 for all the story/dialogue, choices, and images (From this thread). Basically you should be able to follow the story but you will struggle actually playing the game because of the UI not being translated. If you really want to play you can use something like Google Image TL on your phone but otherwise I have no solutions for this. Best to hope someone smarter can crack the game and translate the UI somehow.

Apologies, did the best I could. Feel free to report any other issues and I will fix them asap.

Edit:
For those masochist interested in how you would go about translating the UI, here are some options from one of the members of my Discord who looked into it.
There is a partial UI translation in the 3rd page

なるみ

Apr 8, 2020
Here some random python script to extract and write back those strings"?"
The new string should not be bigger than the original one (im talking about bytes), for example 通常 is 6 bytes the translation should also consists of 6 bytes or less for example:
  • normal - good
  • usual - good
  • ordinary - will not work, it consists of 8 bytes which is bigger than original string

Last edited:

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Fuck it, no promises, but send it to me. (i'm on another project but heck, I have been shelving this game for years)
Edit: no, said user haven't replied or PM me yet. Can't give you guys false hopes, i'll edit this out once he's online and contact me.
So what happened to this game? Managed to crack it yet?

greggreg2

May 10, 2021

Edit:
im no expert but cant you before the choice, since this is i assume a vn type game, on the text before the choice insert a new line of text with the choices and this dialouge.

upcoming choices
1. ---- 2. ----

and so forth?

i figure this would be far easier then doing what you mentioned, unless you cant just insert new text bubbles, altho ive seen other translators do this before so it must be possible and its not like you cant use google lens to get a ruff translation for the tl

なるみ

Apr 8, 2020
Upgraded the translation app for this game.
The new version works by hooking the function responsible for reading strings so it's now possible to translate ui with longer strings than the original and we dont need to patch the game executable.

Both source and compiled binaries are available. There is probably room for improvement since my c++/c skills are not that high.

Example:
View attachment 2024-05-19 23-10-21.mp4

fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017
It's a great game, I finished it without any translation back in the day.
I think it's the best out of all "How to Make" games