HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
re: Risa - After Chapter 9, I think it's safe to say she's a main LI now. On the other hand, Alex may be getting demoted..

But, that could also change. Think of it in sports terms. Some people get promoted from the minors to the majors, and some get demoted. Doesn't mean they can't work their way up with the right performance.

In Risa's case, it was really that I realized she'd add a valuable point-of-view character for the Lucien storyline. She's there to explain the villain, and give the whole scenario some more personal stakes for the player. And in writing her, she just wound up being a lot of fun to flesh out.

Great job! If you'd like, I can add it to the post containing all the signatures.
Great that Risa is officially in the main LI category !
honestly she had potential from her very first scene.

Alex didn't, in comparison. and even with MC's investigation in episode 8, she might lack some nuance and depth. for now she seems to be "just" a strong character, both physically and mentally.
her current "value" was only in the interaction with Nicki, and the teasing MC could pull in their banter.
hoping to see how wrong I can be after MC visits the gym :)

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Risa is an interesting character because she is in a lot of shit despite being a spoiled child from a rich family. That makes her a very desirable character to explore in any path. The knights in shining armor probably want to pull her out of all that shit and save her from it, offering her a second chance. And mothefuckers like me probably enjoy fucking with a rich, spoiled girl who, instead of being grateful for the luck she's had in her life, goes around thinking she's a rebellious girl. And now that the rich, spoiled girl can't get her head out of the hole she's put it in, some unscrupulous bastard is going to prey. That's life, baby.
it's not just that.
she was also very positive, despite her issues. and she showed a strong character by her irreverence, it was not entitlement, to me. she also treats everyone equally. equally bad, but equally still :D her positive attitude immediately felt that she was hiding some kind of depression, or jaded outlook to life. with a matter-of-fact views on the "elites".

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Risa is an interesting character because she is in a lot of shit despite being a spoiled child from a rich family. That makes her a very desirable character to explore in any path. The knights in shining armor probably want to pull her out of all that shit and save her from it, offering her a second chance. And mothefuckers like me probably enjoy fucking with a rich, spoiled girl who, instead of being grateful for the luck she's had in her life, goes around thinking she's a rebellious girl. And now that the rich, spoiled girl can't get her head out of the hole she's put it in, some unscrupulous bastard is going to prey. That's life, baby.
I might end up making a corruption save for Risa, not sure though. I definitely don't want anything love/romance related with her though. I've had too much history and run-ins with real life addicts. You can't even save real life addicts, not really anyways. They have to save themselves, which can sometimes be accomplished through your words or actions, but it's still their decision at the end of the day. I've known too many addicts who have died or have lived hollow lives, and I'm not trying to go through that in a story that so far has been fairly chill and wholesome. (At least on the love route)

I don't mind helping Risa out, but I don't have any desire to date an addict that can relapse at any given time. Not even in a fictional story, I will just stick to the other love interests, like Nicki, Ashe, and Mason.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
I might end up making a corruption save for Risa, not sure though. I definitely don't want anything love/romance related with her though. I've had too much history and run-ins with real life addicts. You can't even save real life addicts, not really anyways. They have to save themselves, which can sometimes be accomplished through your words or actions, but it's still their decision at the end of the day. I've known too many addicts who have died or have lived hollow lives, and I'm not trying to go through that in a story that so far has been fairly chill and wholesome. (At least on the love route)

I don't mind helping Risa out, but I don't have any desire to date an addict that can relapse at any given time. Not even in a fictional story, I will just stick to the other love interests, like Nicki, Ashe, and Mason.
what if you replaced her Drug addiction with another D addiction ? :D

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
re: Risa - After Chapter 9, I think it's safe to say she's a main LI now. On the other hand, Alex may be getting demoted..

But, that could also change. Think of it in sports terms. Some people get promoted from the minors to the majors, and some get demoted. Doesn't mean they can't work their way up with the right performance.

In Risa's case, it was really that I realized she'd add a valuable point-of-view character for the Lucien storyline. She's there to explain the villain, and give the whole scenario some more personal stakes for the player. And in writing her, she just wound up being a lot of fun to flesh out.

Great job! If you'd like, I can add it to the post containing all the signatures.
That is very good news indeed. She has felt like a main LI to since the whole drug den scene.
She has quickly found a place in my heart.

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
Consider that Mason speech impediment comes from a brain damage. If i recall correctly, they say they had not the problem until a dude beat them hard and when they fell, they hit their head even harder.
So, not sure about autism, unless it was clearly mentioned and i don't remember it.

By the way, at last for now, very sadly, extremely sadly, Mason is not a LI. Just a side fuck. So we can't expect much character development unless thing changes.

And it still would be a lot more character developmnet than Ashe that goes from being a blond insipid brat to be a blond insipid brat with many more sex scenes.
Oh right, I forgot he also had brain dmg. Damn, bro's got it rough... I'm pretty sure Neon said he was autistic too. So all that, plus just being young in general.

Sad to hear, but what can you do. Is she (maybe) getting demoted because of (less) popularity and wanting to reign in your LI count? Or did you decide that her writing wasn't quite going as good after all? Or maybe her character just isn't as justified for the overall story as the others?

I’m just here for Ashe. She’s just the right level of nasty and deprived and a decent actual relationship. I hope her path doesn’t go by the wayside for the others.

p.s Britt is actually pretty fun times too.
Just FYI, she had that pretty big alley + apartment event from way back in chp 2 plus recently had a huge date event as well. She by far has the most content of anyone. So, she's probably going to be on the backburner to give a chance for the other characters to get their moment before Neon circles back around to her. Ofc, I can't speak for him, I'm just saying prepare for a long stretch of time before we see anything major from her again, just in case.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
True but my knight is shining armour mode was activated during that scene and I have been in love ever since.
My armor got equipped before Guy got out of the car. The look on her face was all I needed to put that one before I found out it was a drug den, something just from the way Neon made her facial expression in that scene spoke to me.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Joshy92

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I personally feel like we get too much Ashe. I'm biased of course but I feel Mason needs more screen time.
Let's be real for a minute here. Ashe or Nikki are good options for the mc to have a long and stable relationship while charactes like Gabby or Mason are not. Gabby is too young, imagime being in your 30s-40s and going anywhere with a "18 years old", people would think she's your daughter or worse. Mason is a trans kid, he identifies as a straight man while the MC had a crush on Nicki. So maybe you can roleplay the MC as a gay man or Bisexual but nothing in game points in that direction.

Reactions: OptimusCrime

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
Let's be real for a minute here. Ashe or Nikki are good options for the mc to have a long and stable relationship while charactes like Gabby or Mason are not. Gabby is too young, imagime being in your 30s-40s and going anywhere with a "18 years old", people would think she's your daughter or worse. Mason is a trans kid, he identifies as a straight man while the MC had a crush on Nicki. So maybe you can roleplay the MC as a gay man or Bisexual but nothing in game points in that direction.
Words like gay or bisexual are useless, and Mason is a potential LI, so I don't really give a shit about anything else.
And this is a game not real life.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Words like gay or bisexual are useless, and Mason is a potential LI, so I don't really give a shit about anything else.
And this is a game not real life.
Yeah, this is a game but I don't play gay games because that's not my thing :WaitWhat:

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Mason is a trans kid, he identifies as a straight man while the MC had a crush on Nicki. So maybe you can roleplay the MC as a gay man or Bisexual but nothing in game points in that direction.
Which is, indeed, a very good point. But it's a characters with a lot of space for character evolution. Mason already said that they enjoyed getting intimate with MC, and cuddling after. Provided you picked 'Mr Nice' path. They could decide they like men too, afterall, and them and MC can build a relationship where they retain their male identity and still them and MC menage to find their way together.

As long as they don't go through a gender reassignment surgery. Or at least if it's VERY optional and VERY avoidable. (Please, please, please, NEON GHOST, don't play an Elliot Page on us!)

While Ashe is quite a bidimensional character. She's just any blonde hottie with limited brain capacity who doesn't seem to want to be anything else then a blonde hottie with limited brain capacity, but drilled a lot through the gameplay.

She gets more interesting if one plays the dark path and her story might become saving herself from a (heavely) abusing relationship or digging deeper and deeper into it.

• Haha
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Which is, indeed, a very good point. But it's a characters with a lot of space for character evolution. Mason already said that they enjoyed getting intimate with MC, and cuddling after. Provided you picked 'Mr Nice' path. They could decide they like men too, afterall, and them and MC can build a relationship where they retain their male identity and still them and MC menage to find their way together.

As long as they don't go through a gender reassignment surgery. Or at least if it's VERY optional and VERY avoidable. (Please, please, please, NEON GHOST, don't play an Elliot Page on us!)

While Ashe is quite a bidimensional character. She's just any blonde hottie with limited brain capacity who doesn't seem to want to be anything else then a blonde hottie with limited brain capacity, but drilled a lot through the gameplay.

She gets more interesting if one plays the dark path and her story might become saving herself from a (heavely) abusing relationship or digging deeper and deeper into it.
Harsh, I get that you don't like Ashe but she's not the blonde cliche past the surface. It's explained in game why she has her dumb manerisms but besides that she's intelligent, has a degree, work at the museum and so on. Also unlike other characters she doesn't need Guy to fight her battles or to rescue her from a life of misery. She has been dealing with her traumas since College on her own and her life is not a trainwreck, it's the opposite.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020

This ^^

Is right up there with some of the worse bollocks I've ever read on this site.

Good job (y)

• Haha
Reactions: zero1234 and SlapE
4.60 star(s) 177 Votes