VN Ren'Py UC8 [v0.2.0.4] [Dark Griffin Games]

4.80 star(s) 8 Votes

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
yeah, I completely get it. that's why I used those exact words in French as they pretty much sum up tons of failed early relationships :D
I personally left for the kids, instead of staying for them. my reasoning was that I'd prefer showing them a happy face, instead of a miserable face and shitty atmosphere. lead by example, in a way
Ok, just wanted to be sure. :)
It's not always easy to convey the meaning of words in a serious subject in a joking tone, emoticons or not.

:):sneaky::giggle::ROFLMAO::unsure::rolleyes:;):LOL::mad::p(y)

Yes, I stayed for my kids, but when I understood that wasn't worth it, I didn't choose the exit "head to the tropics, palm trees, sun and beautiful chicks", but the one that said "WARNING! This road passes through a minefield and is monitored by snipers". I decided it was time to look elsewhere to see if the grass was growing better, but not on my own. If the judges accept relatively easily - in general - that the mother has custody of the children, it is not the same when you tell them - I want to take my daughters away from the influence of this slutty demoness - which took us on a decade-long guerrilla war.
I laugh about it now but, phew! What a clusterfuck.
So I completely understand Grif when he says he doesn't want to dwell into that.

And for practical reasons? Rational? I understand the fast relationships that develop between the MC and Kaya on the one hand, and Kinley on the other. having experienced both - My long-lost daughter "my precious one, and my partner's daughter "my princess" For example, if I were to make an inspired VN about my life, my experiences, I would have to do it in five volumes, this which would probably take me half a lifetime. :sleep:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: HiP1 and Grif1001

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Kayla agreeing to leave with MC was understandable, but i was surprised that Kinley was also super easy to move. usually at that age, they want to stay with their friends, and they are resistant to change. she is clearly not shy, and she was not bullied, so she most likely had a least a few good friends.
MC clearly had an easy start as a dad :D
First off, I enjoy replying to these thought out queries. I want people to pick up on the small things in the story and don't mind explaining incase I didn't make it clear before.

As for Kinley and her being easy to move... Yes she is a sweet and bubbly girl at heart. but remember how she first reacted to the MC. The first chance she had she basically insulted him. However instead of being offended which is what she actually expected, he laughed it off. Then she insulted him again and played it off as a joke when Kayla scolded her. His laughter and acceptance of her from the start opened the door for her to be herself, not the tough exterior that she wears at school.

To her classmates she's the little orphan girl who only has 5 outfits, is on the free school lunch program, and lives in a run down motel.
She is shunned at school. That's why she jokes about her classmates being "a bunch of punks" and also why after coming back from dealing with them for the last time she runs straight to Jason when she sees him and he welcomes her and picks her up in his arms.

She is still young enough to be facinated by fairy tales, princesses, and happily ever afters. And now this man, who by her standards is wealthy beyond belief, has come in to her life and he accepts her for who she is, provides for her, promises her a future better than she could previously imagine and seems to truely love her. He night as well be Prince Charming out of a fairy tale If the prince went about adopting street urchins on his way to rescue sleeping beauty.

Remember what Kinley says about not being worth the money he spends on them at Forty Hills. And how Mrs Bangcroft regards them both at Funventure Land. In Pinedale they are the poor white trash family that everyone shuns...

That's why Kinley said what she did about not hating where she lived, she meant more than just living at the motel, she meant in Pinedale itself.

Kinley loves her sister and she's old enough to kind of understand what Kayla gave up to take on the responsibility of being her gaurdian. For the last year she has been putting on a strong face for Kayla. Not wanting Kayla to know how hard things have been for her. Right now she's like the waif that discovers she's the lost heir to the thrown. She's having the time of her life, but she has scars underneath that will surface at some point... we all do.

Last edited:

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
First off, I enjoy replying to these thought out queries. I want people to pick up on the small things in the story and don't mind explaining incase I didn't make it clear before.

As for Kinley and her being easy to move... Yes she is a sweet and bubbly girl at heart. but remember how she first reacted to the MC. The first chance she had the basically insulted him. However instead of being offended which is what she actually expected, he laughed it off. Then she insulted him again and played it off as a joke when Kayla scolded her. His laughter and acceptance of her from the start opened the door for her to be herself, not the tough exterior that she wears at school.

To her classmates she's the little orphan girl who only has 5 outfits, is on the free school lunch program, and lives in a run down motel.
She is shunned at school. That's why she jokes about her classmates being "a bunch of punks" and also why after coming back from dealing with them for the last time she runs straight to Jason when she sees him and he welcomes her and picks her up in his arms.

She is still young enough to be facinated by fairy tales, princesses, and happily ever afters. And now this man, who by her standards is wealthy beyond belief, has come in to her life and he accepts her for who she is, provides for her, promises her a future better than she could previously imagine and seems to truely love her. He night as well be Prince Charming out of a fairy tale If the prince went about adopting street urchins on his way to rescue sleeping beauty.

Remember what Kinley says about not being worth the money he spends on them at Forty Hills. And how Mrs Bangcroft regards them both at Funventure Land. In Pinedale they are the poor white trash family that everyone shuns...

That's why Kinley said what she did about not hating where she lived, she meant more than just living at the motel, she meant in Pinedale itself.

Kinley loves her sister and she's old enough to kind of understand what Kayla gave up to take on the responsibility of being her gaurdian. For the last year she has been putting on a strong face for Kayla. Not wanting Kayla to know how hard things have been for her. Right now she's like the waif that discovers she's the lost heir to the thrown. She's having the time of her life, but she has scars underneath that will surface at some point... we all do.
great read, thanks !
I picked up on most of these. but I would have thought that Kinley would still have friends from before her parents died, at least one or two that would have stayed somewhat loyal. at least something that would make it a conscious choice to leave, a tough choice for an 11 year old. even if she hated Pinedale, it's still her birth town, where she had all her memories, and where she grew up with her mom and dad.

I'm definitely looking forward to Kayla having to handle her dad's popularity, especially when his side chicks will be her own age, and potentially her own classmates :D
the current potential LIs are already interesting, and the old neighbor couple was a nice surprise. we will need a visit from Keith to ave some interactions with the girls, and a hang out with Tink, her brother, Keith and MC. :love:

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
great read, thanks !
I picked up on most of these. but I would have thought that Kinley would still have friends from before her parents died, at least one or two that would have stayed somewhat loyal. at least something that would make it a conscious choice to leave, a tough choice for an 11 year old. even if she hated Pinedale, it's still her birth town, where she had all her memories, and where she grew up with her mom and dad.

I'm definitely looking forward to Kayla having to handle her dad's popularity, especially when his side chicks will be her own age, and potentially her own classmates :D
the current potential LIs are already interesting, and the old neighbor couple was a nice surprise. we will need a visit from Keith to ave some interactions with the girls, and a hang out with Tink, her brother, Keith and MC. :love:
Children can be fickle... When I was a 5th grader, middle of my school year, my dad got a new job. It was in a new state and my mother, a teacher, had to finish out the current year in order to hit a # of years mark in that state(15 I believe) which would put her in a better retirement bracket. So my father moved and my mother and I remained behind till the end of the school year. We went on weekends and drove the 2 hour drive across state lines and stayed with dad, then back on Monday. When my friends found out that I would not be back the next year, even though I was still there for 4 more months, I became a pariah. totally excluded from the group. None of the kids would give me the time of day because the popular group had exculded me and I was now lower than the kid who ate his own buggers. I now understand that they were just pushing me away in order to not miss me once I moved, but I spent 4 months hating every day at school. On the weekends I was making new friends in the new town. But it wasn't until my senior year that I finally felt comfortable in school again. Kids can be crewl and often follow others in ostracizing one child just so they don't find themselves suffering the same fate.

This is how I envision it went for Kinley as well...

Not with moving, but with one group of kids influencing all the others that she was a pariah.

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
That, any maybe not have Tink explain in most graphic detail how her entire squad was killed, she was tortured and her dad butchered like 30 people (even if they were the "bad guys") to an 11 YEAR OLD CHILD. o_O
"Hi guys nice to meet you, ya know I was tortured almost to death once after me and you father watched our friends die."

Like what the fuck.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Honestly, this is more on Jason and his inexperiance as a parent if anything. Tink actually asked if she could or should tell them and he, thinking more about how he didn't want to keep secrets from them, tolld her to go ahead...

It's funny how some people complain that he instantly knows how to be a great parent, and others complain when he screws up, lol.

Heres a short note on what it's like to be a parent, for those who aren't...

:eek:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH Why oh God, Why?!! :cry: :cry:

You have now been warned. You're welcome.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Honestly, this is more on Jason and his inexperiance as a parent if anything. Tink actually asked if she could or should tell them and he, thinking more about how he didn't want to keep secrets from them, tolld her to go ahead...

It's funny how some people complain that he instantly knows how to be a great parent, and others complain when he screws up, lol.

Heres a short note on what it's like to be a parent, for those who aren't...

:eek:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH Why oh God, Why?!! :cry: :cry:

You have now been warned. You're welcome.
And if you think it gets better when they are adults................................. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Peace :D

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
great read, thanks !

Children can be fickle... When I was a 5th grader, middle of my school year, my dad got a new job. It was in a new state and my mother, a teacher, had to finish out the current year in order to hit a # of years mark in that state(15 I believe) which would put her in a better retirement bracket. So my father moved and my mother and I remained behind till the end of the school year. We went on weekends and drove the 2 hour drive across state lines and stayed with dad, then back on Monday. When my friends found out that I would not be back the next year, even though I was still there for 4 more months, I became a pariah. totally excluded from the group. None of the kids would give me the time of day because the popular group had exculded me and I was now lower than the kid who ate his own buggers. I now understand that they were just pushing me away in order to not miss me once I moved, but I spent 4 months hating every day at school. On the weekends I was making new friends in the new town. But it wasn't until my senior year that I finally felt comfortable in school again. Kids can be crewl and often follow others in ostracizing one child just so they don't find themselves suffering the same fate.

This is how I envision it went for Kinley as well...

Not with moving, but with one group of kids influencing all the others that she was a pariah.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
First (to you both):

Second: 100% agree about this game's quality. Very glad I ignored my natural introvert reaction to this random gun-toting hand that wanted me to give feedback on something that was about to be rewritten ...

Third: I apparently made up "musicopolipse" so have at it. ;)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀
4.80 star(s) 8 Votes