3.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Yes, getting them to like you helps you talk them into voting the way you want. So if you can seduce them and that raises their opinion of you, then yes, it will help. Every law is affected by different things, which is why so commisisoners will vote for some laws and not others. So the public decency laws are affected by their opinion on public nudity and sex.
I know it's not the more interesting part of the dev but we need more detailled help in the game and eventually later a wiki, I hope it will be done as the game advance.

The new help is far better than the older but is far too be complete. For example it's hard to exactly know the impact of some opinions. In the case exposed here it seems evident that a commissioner liking public nudity will easily vote for this law but for some other subjects it's far to be so evident.

I also see that a lot of things are based on a "minimal lewdness" but I've really have no idea how you can easily change the lewdness attribute of a NPC (as for any attribute...)

TheKing93

May 18, 2017
i have a bug ,the dj room construktion shows no finish prozent and it didnt finish so i cant hire a dj pls help

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
College education is a gate for many types of jobs. It'd be nice if I could filter my contacts UI list by college educated only npcs. It'd be a lot easier than clicking on people randomly to see if they have a college degree.

Reactions: josephinewaters

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
I've read you reduced the chance a girl refuse a job due to low salary proposal, which is good, but it remains a problem, at least for old people like me to aged to have a chip implanted in the brain.

The salary we propose is an annual one and very often the current salary shown on the NPC detail is a hourly one. Would it be possible to show somewhere the 2 values so we can have an idea of the amount she's waiting for?

Loviatar

Feb 25, 2019
I got out of the infinite loop and got them to vote again! hooray! Sorry I was so dense.
Not the only one... I had 5/6 mettings where they couldn't agree no matter what I tried, then thought stuff it am just going to play around with some stuff so I have a better plan when I restart... and lo and behold next meeting they agreed o_O

feuer

Jun 19, 2017
I edited the file in notepad++, I took out all the taboos to enable all but the game basically froze on the starting screen. Am I supposed to leave the comma that separates the taboos? Because taking out all three and leaving only one empty space after "taboos string" didn't work. I appreciate the reply.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
I edited the file in notepad++, I took out all the taboos to enable all but the game basically froze on the starting screen. Am I supposed to leave the comma that separates the taboos? Because taking out all three and leaving only one empty space after "taboos string" didn't work. I appreciate the reply.
Here is an extract of my config.dat . Note really respecting the comments indicated but works for me.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jun 14, 2019
For all the taboos, you don't need the comma, but just an empty space is not enough. You need an empty space and a hyphen.

"taboos string -"

lallygagged

Aug 2, 2020
Yeah. Make sure you have the hyphen.
taboos string -

I just tested loading the game without the hyphen and you can't get past the new game screen. It throws a NullReferenceException in the log file.

lallygagged

Aug 2, 2020
Where is the auto save file? There are 9 save files in the save-file directory numbered 0-8. Those match the 9 save slots. I've never seen a save file pop up after 20 days.

Jun 14, 2019
I can't convince my 100/50 sister.
taboos string - I added it too.
Did I do something wrong?
No, probably not. Opinion on incest is very hard to change, could take a lot of tries.

Have you "soften" her? Does she like/love some sex-related things already? (Like kissing, groping, sex, etc.)

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
I can't convince my 100/50 sister.
taboos string - I added it too.
Did I do something wrong?
Even with +100 will on the player and -100 will on the sister I need a lot of trys to switch her opinion on incest so I can't imagine on a non-cheated game.

As said on a previous post, max your relation and max her opinions on all sex related things before trying to change her opinion on incest. And get a coffee before trying, the night may be long if you are not lucky... :)

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
When a character exposes themselves to you, it gives you four options as to how to respond. When I attempt to move closer they always run away. If I "take a good, long look" is this improving my relationship with them at all, or is it giving them more confidence to be nude?

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
I know it's not the more interesting part of the dev but we need more detailled help in the game and eventually later a wiki, I hope it will be done as the game advance.

The new help is far better than the older but is far too be complete. For example it's hard to exactly know the impact of some opinions. In the case exposed here it seems evident that a commissioner liking public nudity will easily vote for this law but for some other subjects it's far to be so evident.

I also see that a lot of things are based on a "minimal lewdness" but I've really have no idea how you can easily change the lewdness attribute of a NPC (as for any attribute...)
There's thousands of decisions in the game. Documenting all those will take forever, and more importantly it would take way too long to keep up to date. I've looked into some system that provides additional visibility when you make the decision (similar to how Crusader Kings works) but the logic to do that has been too daunting so far so haven't gotten very far with it.

I also wouldn't say that there are lots of places that have a hardcoded minimal lewdness. Taking a job is one, but that's the only obvious one I can think of. (There are probably others but there are few and not very important). In general, you can override low lewdness with high social if they have low will or some other combination of attributes. It is possible that due to way the formulas work and the fact that all attributes have a max of 100, that there would be some actual minimum lewdness that will make a character do something.

There's no pro-active way for you to change someone lewdness at this time. I have a couple of things planned but they aren't there yet and they won't be easy or work in every case. However, the lewdness of characters goes up every time their home district's lewdness goes up. So as time goes by, you will slowly see everyone become more lewd.

i have a bug ,the dj room construktion shows no finish prozent and it didnt finish so i cant hire a dj pls help
In theory if a room gets stuck, they should be recognized as stuck after a few weeks and then should fix itself.

I've noticed that there are certain characters/looks in the game that tend to usually be lesbians, and have wondered if they're coded to be more likely to be so.
Nope, there's absolutely no coded correlation there. Another example of the human brain seeing patterns where they aren't any.

I've read you reduced the chance a girl refuse a job due to low salary proposal, which is good, but it remains a problem, at least for old people like me to aged to have a chip implanted in the brain.

The salary we propose is an annual one and very often the current salary shown on the NPC detail is a hourly one. Would it be possible to show somewhere the 2 values so we can have an idea of the amount she's waiting for?
Yes, I'm aware of this is an annoying situation. I've been meaning to fix it for a while. Originally everyone had a annual salary but then I realized I wanted some employees to get paid only for the hours they worked and that made a mess of everything. Will fix soon.

I got it now. I had to skip forward 20 days to get it. This is my first time seeing it in years. It must only auto save if you haven't saved at all in a 20 day period.
Save files are only generated if you haven't saved in 20 days by default (value is configurable if you want it done more often).

Reactions: dot7z

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Is there any kind of best practice advice for getting started and simply conservatively growing your club once you start? I hire inexpensive bar tenders who have positive skill levels, regular alcohol stock, and my fame and points slowly rise, but I lose money day after day until I'm broke by summer every time I start. I can't seem to figure out how to avoid that.

3.60 star(s) 11 Votes