3.80 star(s) 12 Votes

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Is it harder to load webp files in unity than png files? Because I know ren'py VNs massively reduce their filesizes using webp's. I guess the whole custom image packs is a way to offload download filesize, but fans can't just load up 1000s of webps if the game is set up to only support pngs.... figured I'd ask, since I searched the thread for webp and found no results.

Aug 9, 2018
For my sad experience, when they this, they're stuck in this infinity loop. :(
Once I tried for half a year, and nothing, always "couldn't agree". Save-spamming before the decision day, always "couldn't agree".

Back to a save when they were doing their job... or new game.
If you hang around the City Hall, eventually you'll be notified of evidence incriminating one of commissioners.

After going ahead with the meeting, you're able to effectively hold on to this information for as long as you need, and if you successfully blackmail the commissioner, it's a guaranteed change to a vote of your choosing.

Is the Council falling short of one vote for a certain law and you can see the blackmail information might tip the scale? Use your knowledge and force the majority vote.

Pedrocas77

Aug 19, 2017
How does one get fit? 3 months using the gym and the Fat value doesnt change, only stamina went up 5 points

FurFan

May 4, 2017
I made myself very unhappy and even made Keira Lee hate monogamy and love being on her own but nothing happens with the Break Up button. I press it multiple times and time eventually passes but we're still together. I'l wait for the next update to try again.

feuer

Jun 19, 2017
For some reason editing the user_config file to add the taboos lines prevents the 'New Game' button from being clicked. You can't even get past the starting screen to that menu if you edit the main config file before opening the game. Can taboos be enabled for an existing save or is for a fresh start only.

TheKing93

May 18, 2017
For some reason editing the user_config file to add the taboos lines prevents the 'New Game' button from being clicked. You can't even get past the starting screen to that menu if you edit the main config file before opening the game. Can taboos be enabled for an existing save or is for a fresh start only.
it work for existing saves files

Quiller

Jul 2, 2018
Is there anything the player can do to avoid "the city council couldn't agree what to vote on next" ?

edit: ugh I've had this four times in a row now... I can talk to them to get them to change HOW they'll vote, but I can't find a way to influence WHAT they'll vote on?
I had this exact situation where the council was split 3-3-1 on what to vote on next. At the developers suggestion I took the councilmember that I had the best relationship with and discussed laws with her. I went to discuss upcoming votes, asked her about a possible law that would break the deadlock if she suggested it, and then suggested that she vote for it. I did that same action until I ran out of time with that councilwoman, then I did it again a few times, and she was supportive enough for that law that she chose to vote on it next. You could also take one of those on the deadlocked sides and make them less supportive of the bill that they are advocating for. Just spam a bit and you can change their priorities.

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
If possible, is building a sexual relationship a viable path to getting the council member in your corner? If they like and lust after you enough, will that sway them to be manipulated with policy?

On a related note, will changing their personal opinions on matters like public nudity and public sex make them more likely to vote in progressive ways as well?

Quiller

Jul 2, 2018
How does one get fit? 3 months using the gym and the Fat value doesnt change, only stamina went up 5 points
I think your fat value is actually set to match your picture. Exercising will increase strength, stamina and health, but it won't change whether you are slim, fit or curvy. You can try and change people's opinions of you, but I think you need a new game or a file edit to get a better picture for yourself with different values for fat.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
I have one employee who repeatedly attacks another.

Getting the private investigator to spy on the aggressor reveals they have anger management issues, however there doesn't appear to be a definitive value uncovered.

Is this resulting from a combination of low Rationality and high Willpower? Are there any events that allow you to address this, or is the only answer to permanently refuse them employment?
Yeah, some characters have some issues (some drink/do drugs, others steal, others get into fights, others get fresh with each other, etc.). Some can be resolved (like the alcohol/drugs can be fixed by sending the to rehab and/or making them stop liking alcohol/drugs). Others like the anger or the stealing one don't have full resolutions implemented yet.

Is it harder to load webp files in unity than png files? Because I know ren'py VNs massively reduce their filesizes using webp's. I guess the whole custom image packs is a way to offload download filesize, but fans can't just load up 1000s of webps if the game is set up to only support pngs.... figured I'd ask, since I searched the thread for webp and found no results.
Yes, it's much much harder. It doesn't have native support so would need to rely on some plugins. But more importantly the software I used to create the images generates PNGs. So I would have to convert every image from a PNG to WEBP and vice-versa everytime I need to do something I would take way too much time. In addition, the size differences you see come at the cost of losing quality. My images are already pretty small and the additional compression savings would not be as significant. When you have a bunch of 1920x1080 images those compress a lot more than my 512x800 ones. It would not be worth it.

Are you sure you did it right? I've been running with my taboos turned on my user_config file and I have no problems starting new games. The taboos are enabled for save files too.

If possible, is building a sexual relationship a viable path to getting the council member in your corner? If they like and lust after you enough, will that sway them to be manipulated with policy?

On a related note, will changing their personal opinions on matters like public nudity and public sex make them more likely to vote in progressive ways as well?
Yes, getting them to like you helps you talk them into voting the way you want. So if you can seduce them and that raises their opinion of you, then yes, it will help. Every law is affected by different things, which is why so commisisoners will vote for some laws and not others. So the public decency laws are affected by their opinion on public nudity and sex.

Reactions: dot7z and Logan1377

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Yeah, some characters have some issues (some drink/do drugs, others steal, others get into fights, others get fresh with each other, etc.). Some can be resolved (like the alcohol/drugs can be fixed by sending the to rehab and/or making them stop liking alcohol/drugs). Others like the anger or the stealing one don't have full resolutions implemented yet.

Yes, it's much much harder. It doesn't have native support so would need to rely on some plugins. But more importantly the software I used to create the images generates PNGs. So I would have to convert every image from a PNG to WEBP and vice-versa everytime I need to do something I would take way too much time. In addition, the size differences you see come at the cost of losing quality. My images are already pretty small and the additional compression savings would not be as significant. When you have a bunch of 1920x1080 images those compress a lot more than my 512x800 ones. It would not be worth it.

Are you sure you did it right? I've been running with my taboos turned on my user_config file and I have no problems starting new games. The taboos are enabled for save files too.

Yes, getting them to like you helps you talk them into voting the way you want. So if you can seduce them and that raises their opinion of you, then yes, it will help. Every law is affected by different things, which is why so commisisoners will vote for some laws and not others. So the public decency laws are affected by their opinion on public nudity and sex.
I figured that was the case. I'm focusing my efforts on swinging the opinions of as many influential and visible characters as possible, like those who work in the shops.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
I had this exact situation where the council was split 3-3-1 on what to vote on next. At the developers suggestion I took the councilmember that I had the best relationship with and discussed laws with her. I went to discuss upcoming votes, asked her about a possible law that would break the deadlock if she suggested it, and then suggested that she vote for it. I did that same action until I ran out of time with that councilwoman, then I did it again a few times, and she was supportive enough for that law that she chose to vote on it next. You could also take one of those on the deadlocked sides and make them less supportive of the bill that they are advocating for. Just spam a bit and you can change their priorities.
I have no idea how to access any of this...

Like literally what you're saying doesn't seem to be how the game works?

1714360907966.png

1714360929810.png

1714360950027.png

I guess what you mean to say though is that I should just make anyone who likes me more likely to all vote for the exact same law. Even if the terms you used to explain it aren't quite the steps in game..

Aug 9, 2018
I have no idea how to access any of this...

Like literally what you're saying doesn't seem to be how the game works?

View attachment 3584881

View attachment 3584891

View attachment 3584894

I guess what you mean to say though is that I should just make anyone who likes me more likely to all vote for the exact same law. Even if the terms you used to explain it aren't quite the steps in game..
Repeatedly selecting 'Tell Ashley that you think she should vote for it' will gradually move the needle towards a positive vote.

You need to have a strong enough influence (generally through high opinion) on that person to reduce the number of times this is required.

KaltesHerz

Jun 11, 2021
For my sad experience, when they this, they're stuck in this infinity loop. :(
Once I tried for half a year, and nothing, always "couldn't agree". Save-spamming before the decision day, always "couldn't agree".

Back to a save when they were doing their job... or new game.
on the .4 version i think it was, befriending the council members and coercing them to vote on wht you want fixed that easy enough

RIKAT

Mar 22, 2024
club singer refuse to date to do To date
What should I do?

The club singer is currently
90/-100
friend status

Ability Adjustment
edit
console command

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: josephinewaters
Aug 30, 2018
club singer refuse to date to do To date
What should I do?

The club singer is currently
90/-100
friend status

Ability Adjustment
edit
console command
-100 (attraction) means probably not attracted to your gender, probably lesbian. There are ways though...

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes