[Privacy/Security] - Sandboxie Plus - Play games without traces

Kurokazewa

Apr 22, 2018
Trying to get more used to using sandbox when playing games but I do tend to just double click the games to launch them out of habit more than anything else. So easier option is to just set program to launch off everything in the folder. Problem is that when you set it to launch off everything it also runs when you try to extract the game files... blocking them from successfully extracting. I've tried a few methods but can't seem to find any options to tell Sandboxie to just never run a certain program in the box. Any suggestions?

hsehsing

Jul 11, 2017
Trying to get more used to using sandbox when playing games but I do tend to just double click the games to launch them out of habit more than anything else. So easier option is to just set program to launch off everything in the folder. Problem is that when you set it to launch off everything it also runs when you try to extract the game files... blocking them from successfully extracting. I've tried a few methods but can't seem to find any options to tell Sandboxie to just never run a certain program in the box. Any suggestions?
You can maybe setup force breakup and add .rar extension and maybe winrar

Kurokazewa

Apr 22, 2018
You can maybe setup force breakup and add .rar extension and maybe winrar
So far I've tried:

Attempt 1
Global Settings > Program Control > Program Alerts
check Prevent the listed program and add 7zip to list.
Result is it blocks archive from opening at all. Inside or outside of the Box.

Attempt 2
DefaultBox options > Program Control > Breakout Programs
adding 7zip to list launches it in the box and prevents files from correctly extracting
(tested with an old file from before all the recent shit to be safe)

Attempt 3
Sandboxie.ini changed to breakout zip and rar files.
Same result as Attempt 2. It opens the program but doesn't actually extract anything to the folder.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Few questions regarding sandboxie.

So far i did set up things like deny internet access or only allow/force the games inside a dedicated folder to be started with Sandboxie & followed the basics from the OG post.

I know Sandboxie made their own folder upon starting it for the first time.

Do i need to transfer anything else inside the sandboxie folder? Safes files etc? Or is it just a case of start every game with Sandboxie and Sandboxie will create folders for the games on their own?

Stupid question but do i extract zip files as usual or with sandboxie now do i extract them somewhere inside the created sandboxie-games folder? Or do i extract it inside the dedicated auto/force start folder with the rest of the other games?
So as i try to get familiar with sandboxie i was just wondering how that would or could work.

Besides that is there anything else i should keep in mind to "correctly" use sandboxie withouth shooting myself in the leg by doing something that negates the purpose of its safety net in the first plase?