VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Brandu33

Apr 11, 2022
Fake news!
I have eaten Corsica cheeses more than once, and I never saw one exploding!
Still, Asterix in Corsica is a great album :)
I never saw a kangaroo and yet... and yes it's a great album.
And that cheese could be weaponized, like you enter masked in jewellery open a box with the cheese within it and rob the place while people run for their life. That's how great we French are, we can rob a shop with a cheese instead of a gun, no American can do that, sir.

Seriously, or as seriously as one can be on this thread: you have eaten that specific cheese!? And survived to tell the tale, whaou! Was it at gunpoint? Or some kinda initiation ritual?

Reactions: Hullahopp

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Seriously, or as seriously as one can be on this thread: you have eaten that specific cheese!? And survived to tell the tale, whaou! Was it at gunpoint? Or some kinda initiation ritual?
Sure.
My maternal grandfather was Corsican. I spent many summers there.
We used to eat Corsican cheese (and other Corsican culinary specialties).
But you won't find cheeses with maggots in retail, in fact it's very rare these days.
It's more folklore than anything else now. It's all about impressing the "pinzutu" (it's how Corsican name people from the mainland) :)

Anyway, Corsican don't use cheeses to blow up things (and god knows they like to make things exploded :D).
They use dynamite, like everyone else :)

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
Sure.
But you won't find cheeses with maggots in retail, in fact it's very rare these days.
It's more folklore than anything else now. It's all about impressing the "pinzutu" (it's how Corsican name people from the mainland) :)

Anyway, Corsican don't use cheeses to blow up things (and god knows they like to make things exploded :D).
I tried it at the Disgusting Food Museum, it was actually good :)

Brandu33

Apr 11, 2022
Sure.

Never been to corsica. As for cheese I had maroilles and saint-agur last week, so I'm still at level 2 apparently. Might be 3, I had a very "raffiné" camembert in a restaurant once with a "vin nature". The camembert was almost liquid having been kept in the basement not in a fridge. I wonder if nine will use all these cheese lore in her future games. Or a French character maybe.

Reactions: damnedfrog

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
Corsican cheese and shark, you impress me. Was it for some kind of freak tv show? Or willingly? To atone some past sins maybe.
It was a "pop-up" museum called "Disgusting foods Museum" that we visited. It ended with a tasting menu of 10 items ranging from "least bad" to "worst". I was the only one that ate all 10 :)

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
It was a "pop-up" museum called "Disgusting foods Museum" that we visited. It ended with a tasting menu of 10 items ranging from "least bad" to "worst". I was the only one that ate all 10 :)
Jeez, you are tough! (Or crazy? Sorry.) What was the worst?

I wonder if nine will use all these cheese lore in her future games.
TS Dinner closes, but is replaced by a new restaurant, famous for its special cheese. There are just a lot of missing persons in the area for some reason... Made_With_DreamPress_AI_The_Free_AI_Image_Generator (3).jpeg

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
In that situation I think I'd try them all... my brain chases novelty, but given what those two things are, I'd never seek out either.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: HornyyPussy

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
Jeez, you are tough! (Or crazy? Sorry.) What was the worst?
Nah, just curious ;) The worst was a swedish (I'm swedish and it was visiting here) candy called "Djungel Vrål" (Jungle roar). It's extremely salty licorice which was voted as the worst everywhere they've been except for sweden and finland :)

PS. I love that candy so it was just 9 disgusting foods for me ;)

In that situation I think I'd try them all... my brain chases novelty, but given what those two things are, I'd never seek out either.
Only a pussy wouldn't try them all! (Which I told my wife, best friend and his wife who where there with me and they only managed the first 4-5 items) :) (6th was a 5cm long bug with a crunchy shell)

Reactions: Hullahopp

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Nah, just curious ;) The worst was a swedish (I'm swedish and it was visiting here) candy called "Djungel Vrål" (Jungle roar). It's extremely salty licorice which was voted as the worst everywhere they've been except for sweden and finland :)
Next time I drink Pastis I'll put salt into it:cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: HornyyPussy
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes