VN Marilyn's Mansion | a Vertex Bunny Game | Development Discussion Thread

Vertex Bunny

Dec 16, 2023

Hey everyone! The Bunnies are here! We are finally ready to share some details on the game we've been working on. You can click on the banner to visit our website for the details on the game, but we will try to drop some basic information here without crowding this post too much.

First things first, what is this game gonna be about:

As Jennifer Green,
you find yourself employed by an extremely rich client. Starting your new life living at the annex of a big mansion filled with secrets, will you be able to keep yours? Welcome to your new life as a young fitness instructor; where you will find friends, enemies and adventures filled with action, drama, humour, romance and corruption… Lots of corruption.

Just like mentioned in the snippet above, it is going to be a female protagonist focused game with corruption as one of its major themes. We are planning to build everything upon a sandbox basis. Oh, we can already hear the usual chatter about the sandbox decision so let us talk about ''our'' approach on the subject:

• There will never be an unnecessary grind. No grinding for stats or random ''relationship'' points.
  • By the remaining necessary grind you will be exposed to while playing the game, it will be immensely rewarding. You won't be feeling like you are doing the same thing over and over again to increase a number to achieve something. Every repetition comes with its variation, etc.
  • There won't be empty places that will be used just for once and forgotten. Of course, the early versions might not completely crowd all the locations but in due time, it will feel like a living breathing world.
  • Navigation will be easy and it will not be a hindrance to your gaming session.
  • Also, not related to the sandbox subject but, there will absolutely NO-NTR and PREGNANCY in this game. Sorry for the fans of those two but better to let you know beforehand to prevent frustration on both parties.
Now, let's dive deeper into the detail territory. Let's talk tags. Currently we are aiming for the following:

Female Protagonist, Corruption, Sandbox, Heterosexual Content, Lesbian Content, Group Content, Cosplay, Intoxication, Blackmail, Soft Management, Photography, Achievements and Collectibles.

There are probably some we didn't think of and some we've forgotten but for now, it should give you the general idea. We will post regular dev log updates on our site and summaries of them here along with new promo images, character introductions and more. As most of you already know, due to the Patreon's ToS, we can not share spicy images for free there but don't worry if you see private devlog posts on our patreon. You will be able to read them for free both here and on our site once we start to roll them out.

Some of you already know us, some of you are seeing us for the first time but we can assure you, we've been working behind the scenes for some of the best AVN's out there. Sometimes posing, sometimes creating environments and assets, even creating characters and building lighting/camera rigs. We've just decided to bring that experience to an AVN of our own as a 3D designer couple.

For the ones who already know and worked with us, don't worry. Our freelance work will not cease. You can feel free to keep contacting us about the usual ;)

Wifey Bunny a.k.a. Coral's Dream speaking (Hubby bunny is a bit serious heheh I wanted to interrupt) : Heyyyo minnaaa!!! I'm super happy to share this big news with you! Waiting for your comments on our upcoming game, Marilyn's Mansion (and yes, pun intended, nihihihi). For the ones who remembers me after all this time, I personally thank you for being with me and for all your precious support!

Anyway, we're leaving you with the juicy parts.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Vertex Bunny

Dec 16, 2023
DevLog#1 | Current State of Development

Hey everyone! We’ve spent the last couple of days working on the website and F95 thread while juggling our freelance work. It really is tricky to maintain a balance but we manage <3 At least we’ve managed to announce the game we’ve been working on for the past couple of months. The Marilyn’s Mansion. So it is time to start posting regular development updates...

where we talk about the building blocks of our game from a more technical approach such as aspect ratio, environment creation and more. Also, where you will be able to find all the previous ones we've shared in the future. There is also a copy of all the text you can read on the web page inside the spoiler section here. We recommend visiting the site for the beautiful format and imagery but if it is a problem for you, you can follow the updates via spoiler texts we will be sharing.

We'd like to start a tradition for us with the DevLog posts by attaching a fresh promo image to them. So the first promo image of the first DevLog is this one. Hope you like it <3

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Puzzled.png

Reactions: Lanxorn

Vertex Bunny

Dec 16, 2023
Hey hey o/ Back again with another promo shot. Sadly, no DevLog this time. Will be posting one of those soon, don't worry. For now, here is four jugs in one couch for you <3 012_bar.png

Lanxorn

Jun 13, 2019
Hey hey Bunnies family.
It's nice to hear that you are working on your project. Your style and idea evoke the anticipation of a great game. I like your renders, especially the beautiful Coral :love: and the love with which her "mom" creates content with her.
Good luck to you and your project, I will be waiting for announcements.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Vertex Bunny

Vertex Bunny

Dec 16, 2023
Hey hey Bunnies family.
It's nice to hear that you are working on your project. Your style and idea evoke the anticipation of a great game. I like your renders, especially the beautiful Coral :love: and the love with which her "mom" creates content with her.
Thank you so much for your beautiful praises and kind words <3 We are super excited about more announcements, DevLogs and ultimately official first release as well. Extremely happy that you like our work.

• Red Heart

Coral's Dream

Aug 30, 2022
Hey hey Bunnies family.
Nyaaa :3 Heyheyy! Thank you so much for your kind words and support!

Hehehe that spoilt ginger seems to get influenced by her new friends, you know she doesn't miss the opportunity to take her clothes off, and most probably I'll let her go on her way... She needs to learn how to be an adult, right?

Hope everything goes well and we'll be able to share our whole 3D world (even universe) with you!

• Red Heart

Vertex Bunny

Dec 16, 2023
Hey everyone! Back with another post. Just a repost of the one we've shared on DAZ Skills thread but we'd like to have the images here as well. This time we've captured a small dialogue between Jennie and Anastasiya amidst a friendly and recurring discussion of theirs.

Jen: My training program gives you stamina, core-strength and muscle density to do stuff like this without breaking a sweat. What does your ''yoga exercises'' do exactly?
Annie: Oh let's see... It does all the things you said, plus...

Annie: I can do this without ''breaking a sweat''. Don't you think it's better?
Jen: WOW! No, I still don't but you are definitely teaching me that! Can't imagine this while having sex.
Annie: (Oh my god!) Bozhe moy! Really? Why is everything about sex with you?

• Red Heart

Vertex Bunny

Dec 16, 2023
Hey everyone. Not a DevLog but a small update which will be detailed in the upcoming DevLog post really soon. We've decided to update the skin textures of our characters and Wifey Bunny (Coral's Dream) did a fantastic job handling this daunting task. Here is a small render of Jen during a spicy poker game with her new skin attached. Guess she is not happy about betting her ''everything'' in this particular poker game ;)

Jen: Fine... All in! If I find out that you are cheating, you will pay for it.
Last Poker Game.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bagley and Lanxorn

Bagley

Jan 22, 2018
This looks amazing, and I can't wait to try it! I know that the game is still very early in development, but I just have a couple of questions if I may.

Firstly, support. I notice that you have a Patreon but will you be offering other options at some point to financially support development? I generally support AVN's and other games that are in development by purchasing them on Itch.io or Steam, as I've had issues with Patreon so can't currently support via that platform, and my card company really doesn't like Subscribestar or Boosty. Would Itch or Steam be something you would look to use at some point during development?

I'm also really glad to see that Coral will be appearing in the game, but will the gorgeous Xerrin? I don't think I've seen her mentioned anywhere.

Finally, I just wanted to wish you all the luck with your project!

Vertex Bunny

Dec 16, 2023
Thank you so much for your interest and we are glad you like it <3 We will be launching a steam page for the upcoming demo and an itch page parallel to that. Sadly, steam page won't be updated beyond the demo until the first complete release as much as patreon and itch, which will be updated regularly with new chapters until the complete release is achieved. That is mainly because Steam's way of accepting new builds. Like you've mentioned, we are kind of afraid of patreon but we'll see how it goes. Might look for other options as well.

Wifey Bunny is preoccupied with some freelance work at the moment but she will be here really soon to talk about Xerrin and more :)

Coral's Dream

Aug 30, 2022
Heyheyyyyyy! Coral's virtual mama aka the wifey bunny is here!
Thank you so much for your comment!

I'm also really glad to see that Coral will be appearing in the game, but will the gorgeous Xerrin? I don't think I've seen her mentioned anywhere.
Finally, I just wanted to wish you all the luck with your project!
You cannot imagine how emotional this part got me. It is a priceless feeling to see there are precious people like you that remember me, my characters and my work even after a 1-1.5 years of hiatus. This is invaluable. My eyes filled with tears. Thank you <3

I may genuinely say that due to her personality, Coral's not ready to take an adventure all by herself. Therefore, she needs guidance. You know, my interference is not enough to discipline her, never has been, so our voluptuous milf Xerrin should be, actually "has to be" around Coral. When she falls, it's my duty to make sure that always 2 huge, squishy pillows are present for her! And you know, those jugs are our Coral's favorite comfort zone... Nihihihi... Yummy :3

Don't ever worry, I'm super-charged to make tastier renders, more than usual, not only with Coral & Xerrin, but also with their new friends, altogether! Stay tuned <3 We will be sharing all the updates here as well!

Thanks again for your love and support :3

PS. Apologies for the late reply, I'm dealing with some freelance gigs and unfortunately a migraine attack :( I just found time to reply now.

• Red Heart

Lanxorn

Jun 13, 2019
Thank you so much for your interest and we are glad you like it <3 We will be launching a steam page for the upcoming demo and an itch page parallel to that. Sadly, steam page won't be updated beyond the demo until the first complete release as much as patreon and itch, which will be updated regularly with new chapters until the complete release is achieved. That is mainly because Steam's way of accepting new builds. Like you've mentioned, we are kind of afraid of patreon but we'll see how it goes. Might look for other options as well.
In theory, Steam-store can approve updates, but in this case you need to specify that your game consists of chapters. Each new chapter will be like a separate addon to the game. A lot of problems, it seems to me.
The existing update distribution model for VN games is much better. Even if you take it from the financial side. If ppl buying game in Steam-store, you have one-time payout, but support through services like patreon, give you a monthly profit.
No matter what anyone says, everyone needs money and there is nothing shameful about it.

The main thing is not to abandon the project, as it sometimes happens :(

PS. Apologies for the late reply, I'm dealing with some freelance gigs and unfortunately a migraine attack :( I just found time to reply now.
That's why I love forums. You don't have to answer right away. Think about your answer, and edit your text several times while you write the answer.
And of course there is no need to apologize for having a migraine.

P.S. again wish you good luck and smooth develop

• Red Heart
Reactions: Coral's Dream

Vertex Bunny

Dec 16, 2023
In theory, Steam-store can approve updates, but in this case you need to specify that your game consists of chapters. Each new chapter will be like a separate addon to the game. A lot of problems, it seems to me.
The existing update distribution model for VN games is much better. Even if you take it from the financial side. If ppl buying game in Steam-store, you have one-time payout, but support through services like patreon, give you a monthly profit.
No matter what anyone says, everyone needs money and there is nothing shameful about it.

The main thing is not to abandon the project, as it sometimes happens :(

P.S. again wish you good luck and smooth develop
Thank you so much for your lovely reply <3

First thing, I'd like to address the abandonment issue. Like you mentioned, everyone needs money and let's face it, every VN maker does this for money. Whatever they say, there is a money motive included somewhere in their motivation. It is the same here of course. Who doesn't want their game which took tons of blood, sweat and tears to make to earn money, right?

What we've seen here about most of the abandoned games is the same pattern. Creator puts everything into the game, believing it will start making tons of money and save their life, help them leave their day job but ultimately fails to make enough money to let them do so. After a couple of months, they stop believing the possibility, whether they are right or wrong, and stop developing the game. We've had tons of clients like that. However, we are freelancers and we are already sustaining ourselves with those gigs. We won't be quitting just because our game didn't make tons of money in a couple of months. OF course, getting more support will mean we will be able to put more time and effort to the game instead of getting freelance gigs for living. Which ultimately is up to our supporters.

Now the steam stuff. To our knowledge, steam has a long process accepting new builds and when we push a build there, it will probably take a good amount of time to be accepted and published unlike other publishing options. Self publishing on patreon however is instant. You finalize a build, pack it and upload. Done. So that's why we are going to put a free demo and a wishlist option out there but won't put up a paid build. It will have the same release date as patreon and everywhere else for the free demo. Afterwards, development and regular updating will continue outside of steam until we have something to put up there. Patreon and other supporting solutions are forgiving ways of earning money but when it comes to steam, if you play your cards wrong, you will be between tons of ''Sexual Content'' games and will not have a chance to succeed. So we really want to put up the most finished and polished version of the game there.

• Red Heart

Vertex Bunny

Dec 16, 2023
Hey everyone. Another small update. Wifey Bunny finalized the tweaks on her beloved Coral. She is now officially a part of the Marilyn's Mansion Crew. Here is the first image of Coral with her new friends. For their first meeting, she even brought them to a special place to relax. They already look like a bundle of mischief.

Wifey Bunny adds: I keep my promises <3. That's for you Lanxorn. Our ginger firefox is enjoying the sun with her friends now!
0020_bar.png

• Red Heart

Lanxorn

Jun 13, 2019
Hey everyone. Another small update. Wifey Bunny finalized the tweaks on her beloved Coral. She is now officially a part of the Marilyn's Mansion Crew. Here is the first image of Coral with her new friends. For their first meeting, she even brought them to a special place to relax. They already look like a bundle of mischief.

Wifey Bunny adds: I keep my promises <3. That's for you Lanxorn. Our ginger firefox is enjoying the sun with her friends now!
View attachment 3679731
God, this is paradise? :love:
A hot render in every sense