Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

rem3403

Oct 19, 2017
New guy on the site. I had an idea I just have to share and this seems the right place.

When I get invested in a work of fiction with a lot of characters, I often end up planning a set of playing cards for it. I do it to amuse myself and it will always be just a list of what would be on each card. I don't actually dig up images for it, much less make them myself, but it's still fun.

Being A DIK was surprisingly well suited for this as there are four paths for the main girls. There are also eight other DIK characters apart from the MC or two for each suit and plenty of other characters that fit a theme.

So here's what I would put on the BADIK set:

General form of the suits:
  • A: DIK helpful to the path
  • K: The MC
  • Q: The chosen girl's date or party look
  • J: DIK jealous or otherwise against the path
  • 10: A female rival of the chosen girl
  • 9: The chosen girl's Halloween look
  • 8: Good girl
  • 7: Good girl
  • 6: The chosen girl's D&G look
  • 5: Bad girl
  • 4: Bad girl
  • 3: The chosen girl in a bikini
  • 2: Male antagonist of the path
In some cases the character I chose was a bit of a stretch, but I usually take that as a sign that the author hasn't been too attached to a formula and in BADIK's case it's more that the characters' complexity gives justification for a lot of spots.

Since the suits represent the paths of the game it felt appropriate for the main girls to appear on multiple cards and the MC would obviously be the king in every suit. With Halloween being episode 9 and the big D&G game taking place in episode 6 it seemed appropriate to assign these looks to those numbers. And as the main girl would then be on numbers 6, 9 and 12(Q) adding the bikini look as 3 was satisfying.

So which path is which suit? Well this part I'm the least attached to. I went with Hearts for Jill, Spades for Bella, Clubs for Sage and Diamonds for Josy and Maya. I also assigned the HOT characters to Clubs and Diamonds for Sage, Josy and Maya while non-HOT students went to Jill's suit and the MILF characters to Bella's. I'll admit this involved some stretching as well, but I'm still happy with the result.

So let's start with the most obvious suit.

Diamonds, Josy and Maya:
  • A: Derek
  • K: The MC Hell week look
  • Q: Josy and Maya party look
  • J: Tommy
  • 10: Quinn
  • 9: Josy and Maya Halloween look
  • 8: Heather
  • 7: Ashley
  • 6: Josy and Maya D&G look
  • 5: Riona
  • 4: Camila
  • 3: Josy and Maya in bikinis
  • 2: Patrick
Tommy is of course the main reason I chose to use jacks as the anti DIK characters even though the other jacks are stretchy. Derek the good bro and Tommy the bad bro was just too perfect to pass up. Ashley being on good terms with Maya and Heather being so welcoming with Josy are excellent excuses to add Derek's and Tommy's relationships to the same suit.

The friction between Quinn and Maya was the guide to use 10 for female rivals. I feel a bit bad for putting Riona and Camila in as the bad girls, but they are in Quinn's camp and must face the consequences of that, damn it. Patrick is of course the male antagonist of the path.

Now the other HOT suit.

Clubs, Sage:
  • A: John Boy
  • K: The MC Halloween look
  • Q: Sage date look
  • J: Jacob
  • 10: Lily
  • 9: Sage Halloween look
  • 8: Elena
  • 7: Arieth
  • 6: Sage D&G look
  • 5: Sarah
  • 4: Mel
  • 3: Sage in a bikini
  • 2: Chad
More of stretch than the Diamonds, but I am still satisfied with it. Jacob is by no means a Tommy, but he does cock block us with Sage and that has consequences. John Boy and Elena had to be in the same suit and so he gets to be the ace. Jacob and John Boy are also the ones who join us at the HOT party in episode 7 which is very important in Sage's story.

Elena is obviously our good girl as perhaps the most supportive person in the sisterhood aside from Sage herself. Arieth on the other hand is so completely void of malice that putting her in a bad girl spot would be wrong. I did consider putting Heather in the Clubs and Arieth in the Diamonds which would have made a lot of sense, but the idea of Jacob being the father of Arieth's baby is just so delicious I can't pass on putting them in the same suit.

Why put Lily in as 10? The HOT code is very important to Sage so I chose the sisters most dismissive of it as the bad girls of the suit. Lily does not respect the HOTs as a group. She is much more attached to the Pink Rose. She is in the sisterhood because it is better than nothing. Also episode 10 feels like a good reason to treat her as a serious rival to the main girls. Quinn might have been more appropriate for the spot than Lily, but her rivalry with Maya is just so much stronger that she must be in the Josy and Maya suit. Sarah and Mel are more obviously anti-Sage than Lily but neither has that serious love rival power and it feels appropriate to treat them as a set. The male antagonist is of course Chad.

On to the next suit.

Hearts, Jill:
  • A: Jamie
  • K: The MC on stage
  • Q: Jill date look
  • J: Rusty
  • 10: Zoey
  • 9: Jill Halloween look
  • 8: Bianca
  • 7: Sally
  • 6: Jill D&G look
  • 5: Dany
  • 4: Micah
  • 3: Jill in a bikini
  • 2: Tybalt
Yeah this one got stretchy. Rusty is obviously jealous over it so jack he is. Jamie's ace status is more a process of elimination than anything else. He is the chickest DIK and so he gets to be Ace of Hearts. Dany and Micah are in the suit because of Jamie and Rusty and that is the biggest stretch in the whole thing. Jill's path just doesn't involve that many other girls. Bianca was a true fit and Sally at least likes playing games with Jill. Zoey was going to be a 10 no matter what and while she ended up in Jill's suit as a result of Quinn and Lily having very appropriate spots, she is still the greatest threat in any of the paths and somehow I feel that Jill would be the most conscious of it. And obviously Tybalt as 2. OBVIOUSLY.

And at last the sexiest suit:

Spades, Bella:
  • A: Nick
  • K: The MC at the library
  • Q: Bella date look
  • J: Leon
  • 10: Jade
  • 9: Bella Halloween look
  • 8: Cathy
  • 7: Nora
  • 6: Bella D&G look
  • 5: Nicole
  • 4: Sandy
  • 3: Bella in a bikini
  • 2: Stephen
Nick has earned this spot. Period. Leon does end up here because he literally has nowhere else to go, but he does appreciate a hot MILF so him being jealous over Bella is at the very least plausible. Stephen is much less obvious than the other 2s, but the other option would be James who might not even be alive. He is a bigger creep than Tybalt and the main reason why Jade hates Bella so much. Jade's spot as the 10 of Spades is one of the most obvious things in the whole concept. Cathy should not need an explanation. Nora, Nicole and Sandy? Well they were the most significant MILF characters that didn't already have a spot. Nora and Bella would get along with each other I think. They certainly have some similarities. Teaching is part of their jobs, but they wouldn't do it if they didn't have to. They appreciate art and wine. They are lonely in their thirties and disappointed in men their own age. And while Bella doesn't have Nora's baby fever the idea of her getting it is REALLY hot. So Nora gets the other good girl spot. Nicole and Sandy aren't bitchy like some other 4s and 5s, but they would steal the MC from Bella in an instant.

And there we have it. Took longer to write than I thought it would. There are some girls who I would like to include and I did think of taking out the bikini shots and using 3s for something else, but I don't want anyone in that badly.

So, thoughts? Anyone?

Oh almost forgot. The Jokers:
  • Dawe
  • Steve
  • Vinny
  • Madame
I'll take Josy and throw Maya in the garbage...no need for her.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
New guy on the site. I had an idea I just have to share and this seems the right place.

When I get invested in a work of fiction with a lot of characters, I often end up planning a set of playing cards for it. I do it to amuse myself and it will always be just a list of what would be on each card. I don't actually dig up images for it, much less make them myself, but it's still fun.

Being A DIK was surprisingly well suited for this as there are four paths for the main girls. There are also eight other DIK characters apart from the MC or two for each suit and plenty of other characters that fit a theme.

So here's what I would put on the BADIK set:

General form of the suits:
  • A: DIK helpful to the path
  • K: The MC
  • Q: The chosen girl's date or party look
  • J: DIK jealous or otherwise against the path
  • 10: A female rival of the chosen girl
  • 9: The chosen girl's Halloween look
  • 8: Good girl
  • 7: Good girl
  • 6: The chosen girl's D&G look
  • 5: Bad girl
  • 4: Bad girl
  • 3: The chosen girl in a bikini
  • 2: Male antagonist of the path
In some cases the character I chose was a bit of a stretch, but I usually take that as a sign that the author hasn't been too attached to a formula and in BADIK's case it's more that the characters' complexity gives justification for a lot of spots.

Since the suits represent the paths of the game it felt appropriate for the main girls to appear on multiple cards and the MC would obviously be the king in every suit. With Halloween being episode 9 and the big D&G game taking place in episode 6 it seemed appropriate to assign these looks to those numbers. And as the main girl would then be on numbers 6, 9 and 12(Q) adding the bikini look as 3 was satisfying.

So which path is which suit? Well this part I'm the least attached to. I went with Hearts for Jill, Spades for Bella, Clubs for Sage and Diamonds for Josy and Maya. I also assigned the HOT characters to Clubs and Diamonds for Sage, Josy and Maya while non-HOT students went to Jill's suit and the MILF characters to Bella's. I'll admit this involved some stretching as well, but I'm still happy with the result.

So let's start with the most obvious suit.

Diamonds, Josy and Maya:
  • A: Derek
  • J: Tommy
  • 10: Quinn
Tommy is of course the main reason I chose to use jacks as the anti DIK characters even though the other jacks are stretchy. Derek the good bro and Tommy the bad bro was just too perfect to pass up. Ashley being on good terms with Maya and Heather being so welcoming with Josy are excellent excuses to add Derek's and Tommy's relationships to the same suit.

The friction between Quinn and Maya was the guide to use 10 for female rivals. I feel a bit bad for putting Riona and Camila in as the bad girls, but they are in Quinn's camp and must face the consequences of that, damn it. Patrick is of course the male antagonist of the path.

Now the other HOT suit.

Clubs, Sage:
  • A: John Boy
  • J: Jacob
  • 10: Lily
More of stretch than the Diamonds, but I am still satisfied with it. Jacob is by no means a Tommy, but he does cock block us with Sage and that has consequences. John Boy and Elena had to be in the same suit and so he gets to be the ace. Jacob and John Boy are also the ones who join us at the HOT party in episode 7 which is very important in Sage's story.

Elena is obviously our good girl as perhaps the most supportive person in the sisterhood aside from Sage herself. Arieth on the other hand is so completely void of malice that putting her in a bad girl spot would be wrong. I did consider putting Heather in the Clubs and Arieth in the Diamonds which would have made a lot of sense, but the idea of Jacob being the father of Arieth's baby is just so delicious I can't pass on putting them in the same suit.

Why put Lily in as 10? The HOT code is very important to Sage so I chose the sisters most dismissive of it as the bad girls of the suit. Lily does not respect the HOTs as a group. She is much more attached to the Pink Rose. She is in the sisterhood because it is better than nothing. Also episode 10 feels like a good reason to treat her as a serious rival to the main girls. Quinn might have been more appropriate for the spot than Lily, but her rivalry with Maya is just so much stronger that she must be in the Josy and Maya suit. Sarah and Mel are more obviously anti-Sage than Lily but neither has that serious love rival power and it feels appropriate to treat them as a set. The male antagonist is of course Chad.

On to the next suit.

Hearts, Jill:
  • A: Jamie
  • J: Rusty
  • 10: Zoey
Yeah this one got stretchy. Rusty is obviously jealous over it so jack he is. Jamie's ace status is more a process of elimination than anything else. He is the chickest DIK and so he gets to be Ace of Hearts. Dany and Micah are in the suit because of Jamie and Rusty and that is the biggest stretch in the whole thing. Jill's path just doesn't involve that many other girls. Bianca was a true fit and Sally at least likes playing games with Jill. Zoey was going to be a 10 no matter what and while she ended up in Jill's suit as a result of Quinn and Lily having very appropriate spots, she is still the greatest threat in any of the paths and somehow I feel that Jill would be the most conscious of it. And obviously Tybalt as 2. OBVIOUSLY.

And at last the sexiest suit:

Spades, Bella:
  • A: Nick
  • J: Leon
  • 10: Jade
Nick has earned this spot. Period. Leon does end up here because he literally has nowhere else to go, but he does appreciate a hot MILF so him being jealous over Bella is at the very least plausible. Stephen is much less obvious than the other 2s, but the other option would be James who might not even be alive. He is a bigger creep than Tybalt and the main reason why Jade hates Bella so much. Jade's spot as the 10 of Spades is one of the most obvious things in the whole concept. Cathy should not need an explanation. Nora, Nicole and Sandy? Well they were the most significant MILF characters that didn't already have a spot. Nora and Bella would get along with each other I think. They certainly have some similarities. Teaching is part of their jobs, but they wouldn't do it if they didn't have to. They appreciate art and wine. They are lonely in their thirties and disappointed in men their own age. And while Bella doesn't have Nora's baby fever the idea of her getting it is REALLY hot. So Nora gets the other good girl spot. Nicole and Sandy aren't bitchy like some other 4s and 5s, but they would steal the MC from Bella in an instant.

And there we have it. Took longer to write than I thought it would. There are some girls who I would like to include and I did think of taking out the bikini shots and using 3s for something else, but I don't want anyone in that badly.

So, thoughts? Anyone?

Oh almost forgot. The Jokers:
  • Dawe
  • Steve
  • Vinny
  • Madame
A ton of work into crafting that plan and an interesting thought experiment to be sure. My biggest critique is that the Ace is generally considered the best card and should get the best image. Choosing to put a guy on it already puts it as an off choice for me, let alone a side-guy at that. My first choice going with the theme above would probably be that the Ace should be the King and Queen of the suit together on the card... as basically the ultimate goal/victory moment card. My fallback would probably be the Queen nude or something sexual along those lines (kind of depends if one views the goal as being the relationship success or the sexual conquest... although the pair on the card could be posed to fit either situation). The third alternative would be for the Ace to be the King's concubine.

I'd move the "important supporting guy" to be the Jack.

Basically cards are kind of
Ace: Victory
King: Male Leader
Queen: Female Leader/King's leading lady
Jack: King's Knight
10-2: supporting cast of friends and foes

Reactions: Roger-a-Dale

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
A ton of work into crafting that plan and an interesting thought experiment to be sure. My biggest critique is that the Ace is generally considered the best card and should get the best image. Choosing to put a guy on it already puts it as an off choice for me, let alone a side-guy at that. My first choice going with the theme above would probably be that the Ace should be the King and Queen of the suit together on the card... as basically the ultimate goal/victory moment card. My fallback would probably be the Queen nude or something sexual along those lines (kind of depends if one views the goal as being the relationship success or the sexual conquest... although the pair on the card could be posed to fit either situation). The third alternative would be for the Ace to be the King's concubine.

I'd move the "important supporting guy" to be the Jack.

Basically cards are kind of
Ace: Victory
King: Male Leader
Queen: Female Leader/King's leading lady
Jack: King's Knight
10-2: supporting cast of friends and foes
That wouldn't be a bad set up either, but I was going for having as many of the characters as I could in the deck. However, if the bikini shots were removed and the unsupportive DIK moved to the 3 card and the supportive DIK to jack you could put the couple shot in the ace.

But with this exercise I usually consider any coupling to happen by having the characters in the same playing hand. For example a flush of K, Q, 9, 6 and 3 would be a "true romance flush".

And I did this with the safe for work mindset. If you put in nudes, it should be all nudes and possibly all female. The HOT sorority does have exactly 13 active members. But then what do you do with the other three suits?

Another way to set this up would be to remove all male characters except the MC and add locations or scenes significant to the path.

You really can have a lot of fun with this.

Reactions: redle

redle

Apr 12, 2017
That wouldn't be a bad set up either, but I was going for having as many of the characters as I could in the deck. However, if the bikini shots were removed and the unsupportive DIK moved to the 3 card and the supportive DIK to jack you could put the couple shot in the ace.

But with this exercise I usually consider any coupling to happen by having the characters in the same playing hand. For example a flush of K, Q, 9, 6 and 3 would be a "true romance flush".

And I did this with the safe for work mindset. If you put in nudes, it should be all nudes and possibly all female. The HOT sorority does have exactly 13 active members. But then what do you do with the other three suits?

Another way to set this up would be to remove all male characters except the MC and add locations or scenes significant to the path.

You really can have a lot of fun with this.
Yeah, I fully understand the safe for work variety. Which is why my couple for the Ace was my highest choice.

As you say, there isn't really any right or wrong way to go. Just my personal opinion that the Ace should be the best or at least one of the best images rather than a supporting male side character. And that the Jack in a deck is the representation of the king/royal-couple's strongest supporter/aide.

I could see keeping your exact image set by promoting the bikini shot to the Ace as the semi-victory/goal card and shifting the pro and anti males down the line respectively.

My backup alternative would likely be to shift the 10 to the Ace. The 10 being the theoretical temptress with the King being bracketed between those two women. The Ace then being the biggest temptation and the only thing that can "defeat" the King. Slide Ace down to Jack and Jack down to 10.

Reactions: Roger-a-Dale

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
Yeah, I fully understand the safe for work variety. Which is why my couple for the Ace was my highest choice.

As you say, there isn't really any right or wrong way to go. Just my personal opinion that the Ace should be the best or at least one of the best images rather than a supporting male side character. And that the Jack in a deck is the representation of the king/royal-couple's strongest supporter/aide.

I could see keeping your exact image set by promoting the bikini shot to the Ace as the semi-victory/goal card and shifting the pro and anti males down the line respectively.

My backup alternative would likely be to shift the 10 to the Ace. The 10 being the theoretical temptress with the King being bracketed between those two women. The Ace then being the biggest temptation and the only thing that can "defeat" the King. Slide Ace down to Jack and Jack down to 10.
Now that is better!

So the revised set would be:

Diamonds, Josy and Maya:
  • A: Quinn
  • J: Derek
  • 10: Tommy
Clubs, Sage:
  • A: Lily
  • J: John Boy
  • 10: Jacob
Hearts, Jill:
  • A: Zoey
  • J: Jamie
  • 10: Rusty
Spades, Bella:
  • A: Jade
  • J: Nick
  • 10: Leon
Much better!

Would like to replace Dany and Micah, though. Thoughts?

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Excellent choice of general and directional lighting SiJa (y) Can you share a bit more info about the stage lighting? What lights you used, enviroment lighting setups, etc. Did you use a ready made lighting kit or did you set things up yourself? If it's not a professional secret of course :p
P.S. Her face, lips and eyes are great lit.
Hdri as main general light - have a look at a pack called Promo Lights by SASE.
Main lighting is 3 spots, learn about "3 point lighting" on how to use and position these.
Hope this helps.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Valarcho
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes